The Palace Hostel

San Juan, Puerto Rico

If I could rate this place lower than 20% I would give it a zero. Everything was just absolutely horrible. All rooms, beds, sofas, and etc had spiders, cockroaches, and other nasty stuff. The owner was heavily drugged while his assistant was passed out licking his own cat's vagina when we entered this place. There was no air conditioner as well as no air circulation so it felt like a slave's shack. If you have no other choice, save yourself $12 dollars and sleep on the street instead.

Managua Backpackers Inn

Managua, Nicaragua

Very hot in the dorm rooms, overall the location isn't near any supermarkets making the stay a little difficult if you tend to cook in the hostels, due to the fact you'll need to take a taxi to the food store. Kitchen wasn't well supplied but a tad clean as most of people chose to eat out due to lack of supplies. But it is a cheap place so you get what you pay for, all we needed was a bed and we got it so we can't really complain a lot. Workers were reasonably helpful.

Thanks for your feedback! Just a couple of things to clarify...We also offer a dorm with air conditioning, in case the basic dorm is too hot. Also we are located approx. 5 mins walk from 2 excellent supermarkets. We'll take a look at the communal kitchens and update the supplies where necessary.

Theatre International Hostel

Guatemala City, Guatemala

We absolutely loved the workers, especially the owner. This world definitely needs more people like the owner, he actually stopped partying with all travelers just to walk us to the bus station to make sure we were safe. The vibes were great, it felt like we were a big family. The bed we slept in (my girlfriend and I) wasn't top of line but we still slept soundly. Kitchen and bathroom's were clean, we couldn't have asked for more!