Patong Backpacker Hostel, Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand
25th Jul 2015

The host was really nice, I operate a business at home while traveling so wifi is a necessity for me. We arrived there to find out the wifi wasn't working so I explained my situation and requested for a refund even though they already had no refund policy but the host understood and gave me the money back. The lobby has many mats where you could lay down and watch a movie with all other people - a good way to meet people. The location is unbeatable, a few steps from Bangla street.

The Palace Hostel, San Juan, Puerto Rico
2.0
15th Dec 2014

If I could rate this place lower than 20% I would give it a zero. Everything was just absolutely horrible. All rooms, beds, sofas, and etc had spiders, cockroaches, and other nasty stuff. There was no air conditioner as well as no air circulation.

Managua Backpackers Inn, Managua, Nicaragua
8.0
21st Jul 2014

Very hot in the dorm rooms, overall the location isn't near any supermarkets making the stay a little difficult if you tend to cook in the hostels, due to the fact you'll need to take a taxi to the food store. Kitchen wasn't well supplied but a tad clean as most of people chose to eat out due to lack of supplies. But it is a cheap place so you get what you pay for, all we needed was a bed and we got it so we can't really complain a lot. Workers were reasonably helpful.

Thanks for your feedback! Just a couple of things to clarify...We also offer a dorm with air conditioning, in case the basic dorm is too hot. Also we are located approx. 5 mins walk from 2 excellent supermarkets. We'll take a look at the communal kitchens and update the supplies where necessary.

Theatre International Hostel, Guatemala City, Guatemala
20th Jul 2014

We absolutely loved the workers, especially the owner. This world definitely needs more people like the owner, he actually stopped partying with all travelers just to walk us to the bus station to make sure we were safe. The vibes were great, it felt like we were a big family. The bed we slept in (my girlfriend and I) wasn't top of line but we still slept soundly. Kitchen and bathroom's were clean, we couldn't have asked for more!