Reviews: JoFoster

Location England, Gender Female, Age 23

19th Jul 2015

Hostel wasn't too far from the tube, friendly staff and comfortable beds. Free breakfast was simple, but good. There is a lovely café next door that you get 20% off in so if you want something more substantial pop in there. Luggage storage was helpful. The dorm room we were in had only a skylight and little/no ventilation so it got a bit stuffy. But overall I really liked the hostel, it was a busy weekend so we didn't get to hang out there much but it seemed like a good place to meet others.

Thanks for all your great comments! :) We've installed fans in the rooms that were getting a bit stuffy in the hot weather. Hope to see you back again soon so you can check out the improvements for yourself and hang out with us a bit more. All the best!

High Street Hostel, Edinburgh, Scotland
29th Mar 2015

I really loved this hostel. It is right off the golden mile which makes it a perfect location for visiting the city. The staff were lovely and helpful with lots of recommendations for places to see and eat. The hostel itself looks awesome on the inside, there's a beautiful mural downstairs by the big, well equipped kitchen. It just had a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. I highly recommend a stay here!

Astor Victoria, London, England
16th Feb 2015

I only stayed one night here, but the staff were very helpful and my room was clean and comfortable. I thought the Netflix room was a great idea, comfy sofas and a movie night once a week with free hot chocolate and popcorn was really nice. The kitchen was really clean and had everything I needed, loads of fridge space. The breakfast was fine, and the fact that the money goes to charity was great. Location was great as well, 10 mins from Victoria station! Overall, a really nice stay :)

Hey there! thanks a lot for your time spent to leave us a comment. We're delighted that you've had such a memorable experience with us! It's always our aim to offer a comfortable stay to our guests. Many thanks as well for your help with breakfast. Even a small contribution can mean a lot! Hope to see you again in the lovely London, always @ Astor Victoria Hostel! Lots of Love, The Astor Victoria Family!

27th Jun 2014

The location was great, just round the corner from the Sacré-Cœur and the metro. There is lots of information available to give you ideas of what to do and how to get to different places in the city. Super helpful when planning out your day. The rooms were nice and had ensuites which is always great. Overall, a lovely stay.

Station Hostel for Backpackers, Cologne, Germany
25th Jun 2014

Staying in Station Hostel was a great idea, I had to sort out travel to Paris while I was there so I spent a lot of time going back and forth between the train station and hostel, which was fine because the hostel was so close. My room was lovely, no bunk bed which was a nice change! The showers were really clean and modern. It was easy to meet other people as they have a large common area. Also the staff were really friendly and helpful with all of my questions. Overall, a great stay!

A&O Dresden Hauptbahnhof, Dresden, Germany
23rd Jun 2014

Very close to hauptbahnhof, 20/25 minute walk to old town, 45/50 minute walk to new town. Though of course you could catch a bus or tram. Dorm was clean and spacious, ensuite was clean. Wifi pretty much didn't work in the rooms, so you had to be downstairs by the desk which isn't ideal. Not the most social place, but I think it's more geared towards large school groups, rather than backpackers. However, I still had a lovely stay and would recommend if you need/want an easy trip to hauptbahnhof.

Sir Toby's Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
19th Jun 2014

Such a funky looking hostel, really enjoyed the style and is a great place to meet others. Really enjoyed the free BBQ, the staff were super friendly and always happy to help. A little way out of town, but there are tram stops all around so this isn't an issue. My only 'complaint' would be that there were just 2 showers between 2 dorms of 12 and this meant there was a bit of waiting if you weren't up early in the morning. Though that's hostels for you in general. Overall, fantastic hostel!

Central Backpack King, Budapest, Hungary
16th Jun 2014

Lovely dorm room and common room. Great location right next to the basilica. The staff were wonderful and friendly, they helped me organised a massage at the spa and gave us free cherries and beer in the common room. A really great hostel, I would recommend :)

Chillout Hostel Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
13th Jun 2014

Great location just off the main square, and not far from the train station. Staff were super lovely, the beds were comfy and the shower was fine, was nice it being you're own little cubicle to get dressed in as well. Enjoyed my stay here, would recommend if you like big hostels. Plenty of chances to get to know other people.

Travellers Home Hostel, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina
9th Jun 2014

I loved my stay in Sarajevo, I'm so glad that I did go. Even though I was travelling alone, The staff made me feel right at home. With the other travellers I was never bored, We chatted, ate great food, and explored. You should stay here if it's Sarajevo you visit, I promise that you won't regret it!

Split Guesthouse & Hostel, Split, Croatia
6th Jun 2014

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Josko the owner is amazing and great at getting everyone involved and chatting with each other. The lakes trip that is offered is well worth doing as there are little extras that you won't get with a trip on your own! The rooms were great, the showers fine and great location. It is the perfect place to meet people and Josko is very good at recommending things to do in and around Split. I couldn't recommend this hostel enough!

Apartments & rooms Stella, Dubrovnik, Croatia
1st Jun 2014

My sister and I really enjoyed staying at Apartment rooms stella, the owners were so kind and thoughtful, we really felt at home there. We had a lovely room with an amazing view from the balcony over the city to the sea and it was a wonderful place to watch the sun set.