Location Australia, Gender Male, Age 25

Generator Berlin Mitte, Berlin, Germany
3rd Jan 2016

Theoretically a really good hostel, but felt like it was way to much of a business for me to properly enjoy it (4.5 breakfast!? And the vending machine with drinks from 4 euro for e.g) for me these kind of things made it stale.

Hi there, thank you for writing about your experience with us. We'll pass your points to the responsible manager to check how we can improve on the situation you mentioned. Kind regards, Melanie AGM

Friends Hostel - Griboedova, St Petersburg, Russia
15th Jul 2014

The staff were exceptional in this perfectly located hostel. I have just two problems with the place: 1) each floor has a seperate common room, meaning there is no central place for guests to gather so it is kind of hard to meet people and 2) the computers can be kind of frustrating. I don't know what they are running Ubuntu! Otherwise a really fantastic hostel. The Staff. My god they were great for me.

Omnomnom Hostel, Yekaterinburg, Russia
11th Jul 2014

Staff were exceptionally good. I had left my alarm clock at the hostel before I left for the train station. Kate followed me all the way to the train station to return it to me. Excpetional. I found myself walking closer to the main city centre on most days which I was happy to do. A) because it was a nice walk, b) because this was a great hostel and c) because the facilities close by were top notch.

Baikaler Hostel, Irkutsk, Russia
8th Jul 2014

a really fine hostel. Make sure you know exactly where you are going because it would otherwise be a nightmare to find! Maybe more signs would help. Super helpful staff, fine location and a nice laid back but friendly vibe.

Sunpath Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
29th Jun 2014

A very fine hostel. Happy to recommend it. I was picked up from the train station which was great. but especially great because I think finding the place by yourself would be near impossible. A few more signs would be the way to go. Staff were brilliant. Very homely with good facilities, but the computer wasn't great.

Teddy Bear Hotel, Mt.Emei, China
8th Jun 2014

Staff were super friendly to me for the most part, though some other guests didn't agree entirely with me. The place to stay if you want to hit Emei.

1st Jun 2014

I think my ratings say it all. Facilities were so-so (computers hardly worked), staff were mostly friendly and the ones who were friendly were awesome fun. Location was good, about a 10min walk in the rain. Price was great. Atmosphere was as good as anywhere I have been.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hostel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^

Dustin Guest House, Seoul, South Korea
28th May 2014

Dustin is a brilliant host. Sabrina is also nice but takes some warming up. The location is super. The area is really cool, especially during the evening. Facilities are sound. The lounge room hang out is cool and so is the rooftop. Guesthouse is a great way to describe this place, it's really homely. I would certainly recommend.

Dynamic Guesthouse, Busan, South Korea
27th May 2014

This place was crazy, in a really good way. Check in process is a bit sloppy but otherwise a really different take on what a hostel could be.

Story Guest House, Busan, South Korea
8.0
25th May 2014

No one was there when I was around so wasn't at its best. Still, a nice place to stay if you want to be in that part of town. As it turned out, I did now.

Ace Inn Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
24th May 2014

If this hostel was nearer to Shinjuku/Shibuya, it would be right up there with the best that I have stayed in. Even though it's not, it is still really cool.

21st May 2014

A really pleasant hostel. Host speaks limitied english but goes out of his way. The directions are ordinary and it is really hard to find. The irections need updating! Be sure you know exactly whree you are going before you leave!

Matsumoto Backpackers, Matsumoto, Japan
20th May 2014

A 10/10 hostel. Every once in a while a hostel pops up where the owners just get it. This is one of those hostels. Brian and Shuko and magnificent hosts and really love providing a great service. Don't bother staying anywhere else.

Nice to hear kind words from a great guest. We are happy to hear that our hard work is paying off as we go into our second year of business. Wishing you safe travels!

Sakura Guest House, Hida Takayama, Japan
17th May 2014

A pleasant hostel, though certainly not anywhere near the reviews it has been receiving.

6.6
16th May 2014

This place has all the character of a dried apricot. And they charge for left luggage.

Anne Hostel Asakusabashi, Tokyo, Japan
11th May 2014

A really pleasant hostel. Not in the greatest neighbourhood but sets up a space to interact with people, which is lovely.

8.0