Five Elements Hostel Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
10th May 2016

I really enjoyed my stay here. I found the staff friendly and I the bar/kitchen area really lovely to sit and read a book or have a beer with the other guests. Was in a great location on the edge of the old town and close to the main station. Rooms were a good size with lockers and a light and power point for each bed. Bathrooms were always clean and tidy even with a hair dryer! Only downside was the breakfast I didn't think was value for money. I would definitely stay here again!

Heart of Gold Hostel, Berlin, Germany
8.0
7th May 2016

Great hostel, staff were friendly and helpful and bar served as a good place to meet people. Rooms each bed had own light and outlet. Sometimes it was difficult to get into a bathroom as there was only a couple on our floor but you didn't have to wait long. Rooms could have done with better curtains.

Anker Apartment, Oslo, Norway
7.1
5th May 2016

Hostel was good however had more of a hotel feeling. I went to my 4 bed dorm and the people (2 people) already staying there had taken over all of the beds with dirty clothes and towels on the spare bed. When I spoke to reception they happily moved me to a different room which I had to myself the whole time. Not a great hostel if you are wanting to meet people but otherwise well equipped with everything you need. Linen is an extra cost and it is quite a walk to central station.

Bergen YMCA Hostel, Bergen, Norway
8.0
2nd May 2016

Great hostel, in the perfect location right near Bryggen and a short walk to the train station. I didn't see much of the staff but think this was because it was the start of the season. They left very detailed information in a key box for me also as I was checking in out of hours. I would stay here again!

Bob's Youth Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands

• Australia, Female, 18-24
Bowden Court, London, England
5.4
14th May 2014

I did not like my time at this hostel. It was dirty, you would often see staff cleaning the showers and bathroom, and then go in and find it still to be quite dirty (eg. hair in drain, toilets dirty). The place was very loud, even for a hostel. The walls are thin and if people walk past your room talking you can hear every word. I wouldn't recommend this for travellers or people wanting to make new friends. Would be suitable if you were looking for long term stay and got the right room mate.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
Astor Hyde Park, London, England
7.7
6th May 2014

I enjoyed this hostel. I found the place to be very clean, and saw staff cleaning at least 2 times a day. The location is very central, but a bit of a walk to the tube and a super market. I found buses were easier to catch. I found the place generally quiet however on 3 occasions a fire/security alarm went off, one in the middle of the night, with no explanation. I would stay here again and even extended my stay 3 nights.