Phoenix Hostel

Generally seemed a very good hostel, cheap and easy walking distance to regents park. My only issue would be the fact that the showers were a bit hit and miss on whether they wanted to work.

• 31st Jul 2014

St Christopher's Village

Overall a decent enough hostel, the computers were down during my stay which wasn't great, you also had to pay extra for things such as towel rental which I wasn't aware of. The room itself was comfortable enough, though it got unbearably warm during the night. The attached bar/restaurant was cool with drinks offers and live sport being shown.

• 26th Jun 2014

NYC Hostel

New York, USA

Set-up wasn't exactly what you'd call professional. But once you looked past this fact it was a pretty good place. Atmosphere was good with everyone getting to know each other, staff were helpful if you wanted anything too. Beds were comfortable. Hostel was in Brooklyn close to station and Prospect Park and only a short ride into Manhattan. Facilities were average, basic stuff was there though the wi-fi didn't work for the duration of my stay as the bill hadn't been paid...

• 27th May 2014

Staff were excellent and helpful, shuttle bus from Wellington metro station made the location less of an issue. Beds were very uncomfortable though. Facilities were average, atmosphere was good but overall the steep price would put me off recommending when for the same price you could stay in downtown and avoid metro fare. It was also $20 more per night than I'd paid anywhere else in the states, and that's including New York which is notoriously expensive.

• 24th May 2014

If you visit Boston , and want to experience Boston, you have to use the Metro, no matter if you stay at the Ritz for $500 per night, or Backpackers for $40 per night. if you want to avoid the Metro,and not pay the $2, just stay home and google Boston tourist attractions, and watch them on your computer or TV, and you can save your hard earned money. If we knew the $2 metro fare was such an issue, we would have given it to you. But our staff is Happy you liked our service. We enjoyed you.

If you want to party the entire time, then okay I guess. Kitchen was tiny for the amount of people using it, toilet was frequently breaking and flooding the bathroom, shower rarely had hot water, food was stolen from fridge. Was a good price though, was offered a free night if I reviewed the hostel then and there which made me somewhat dubious of all the reviews I'd read of the place. Location was okay, on opposite side of Miami beach, to the actual beach. But only 15 minute walk to everything.

• 14th May 2014

Was supposed to check in at 3. Member of staff didnt turn up to check me in till 7:30... Facilities could have been awesome but overall everything was pretty rundown and all needed revamping. Location was great if you're visiting disneyworld, but for anything else it requires many changes of bus and quite a lot of time if you dont have a car. Close to shops and restaurants though. Price was good too. Were quite a few near permanent residents who were all quite odd and brought the atmosphere down

• 10th May 2014

Capitol City Hostel

Washington DC, USA

Bill, the owner, is excellent as many others have stated. He's friendly and helpful and knows the city. The hostel itself isnt located in the best part of DC but its close to the metro and right by a bus-route so it only takes about a half hour to get to most of the main attractions. The beds are spacious, though I'd avoid using the blankets as a few of us suspected they may have bedbugs due to us getting suspicious rashes upon sleeping with them. Kitchen was also understocked, with broken oven.

• 27th Apr 2014

Room was clean. Cooking and common room facilities were in a seperate building across the road which was a shame. People I met were friendly, though most seemed to be staying there more for work than travel. The hostel is a bus, then metro ride from manhatten so not an awful location but far from convenient if you're planning to stay out late. However it was by far cheaper than anywhere else I could find so I don't have many complaints.

• 22nd Apr 2014