Reviews: coolbluekev2123

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Generator Hostel London

This hostel is great overall. The huge common areas are awesome, and there's plenty of space to move around. You never feel like you have to stay in your room. The rooms were big and clean, and they had plenty of outlets. A sink in there was a nice bonus. The facilities, however, were a joke. Half of the showers didn't work, and half of the toilets were broken, and I checked 3 floors. The place looks up-to-date, but is quickly falling apart.

NosDa Studio Hostel

Cardiff, Wales

I loved the common area of this hostel. It's in the main entrance, and there's plenty of space. I ended up hanging out there until early in the morning just talking to people from around the world. It helps that we had free tea and coffee to keep us going. The free breakfast is also awesome. Facilities were just ok. Rooms are great, but bathrooms could use some work. There's no dry space in the showers to change, and it has poor lighting. Also, wifi was a major issue. Staff are really nice

Bath Backpackers

Bath, England

This place looks run down and a little dungeon-like, but after meeting the staff, I'm really not surprised. Each gender only has three showers, and they're in the basement. Also, they're kind of gross. There's one toilet per floor, for about 15-20 people. The kitchen and common areas are also old and unclean. This hostel has great potential, but it needs a major overhaul. At least the location is great, and as a place to sleep, it does it's job.

YHA Stratford upon Avon

Stratford-upon-Avon, England

Didn't end up staying here. Got sick the night before, so just stayed in place instead of moving on to Stratford-upon-avon. Tried calling the hostel, but no answer. Got charged for it anyway. It's not even fair to review them, but hostel world is annoying with it's emails.

Central Backpackers

Oxford, England

The hostel itself was fine. We even decided to stay an extra night. Staff, however, were inattentive. We tried 8 times to find someone to pay for the extra night, but never could. Ended up getting charged a few days later. Also, don't try to use the kitchen. The staff are all in there that aren't on shift, and there is no space to try to even use the microwave. The rooms were great, and the bathrooms are fine. I tried a few showers, and eventually found one that was good.

Barnacles Temple Bar House

Dublin, Ireland

This hostel is great if you want to meet people or need suggestions on things to do in the city. They really set it up so you'll never be bored while staying here. Great atmosphere all around, and the staff are really helpful. They have free breakfast, but it's just toast and jam. Still, it's free, so who am I to complain. My only issue was with the bathroom. The door didn't close well, so water leaked onto the floor. Also, there's zero shelf space, even just for taking out contacts.

Bru Bar & Hostel

Cork, Ireland

I'm not a fan of this hostel, but I also didn't really care for Cork. The hostel is directly above a bar, and our room ended up being right about the front entrance. Noise and thumping aside, you get huge wafts of everyone's smoke through the windows. The hostel has card keys, but they only worked about 25% of the time. You just keep trying, or follow someone in. They also had a side door to go in, but it was blocked, so you have to enter through the bar. Also, timed showers. Really?

This is a great hostel, but mostly if you don't really care about meeting people. The setup doesn't encourage you to pop into the common areas or anything. However, the rooms are really clean and upgraded. Plugs everywhere. The bathrooms are great. The staff is also really friendly, and they have free dinner on Wednesday. I would definitely stay here again if I wanted a few quiet nights in Dublin.

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

I really liked this hostel, especially the location. Security was great too. However, they don't have any outlets in the room. To properly charge your phone/tablet, you have to leave it with them at the front desk. One time, someone had unplugged it, and it had barely charged. Also, my friend's brand new phone got a nice scratch on the screen. The rooms are fine otherwise. Bathrooms had a few out-of-order signs, but overall were fine.

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

This place is absolutely awesome. The two common areas are great, and we got to know a few people while hanging out or cooking in there. It's really clean and upgraded. This hostel is attached to a restaurant, which doubles as a bar/club at night. The only issue we had was trying to check in at 11PM on a Saturday night. The place was packed. But the staff got us checked right in, and having a separate entrance is awesome. Noise wasn't an issue either. I would definitely stay here again.