Hostelle - Female Only Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Frankly, it was rather pricey. The location is handy for getting to and from the airport, which is probably why I booked there (or maybe there wasn't anything else available, I don't remember), but not for the city. Though transit is fine. Breakfast was fine. I know two words in Dutch, ontbijt and pfannkuchen, and I ate both of them.

Center Ramblas

Barcelona, Spain

Breakfast! and not just a roll and coffee. I went on the Gaudi tour - glad I did. The staff were helpful when I needed help.

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

I noticed that you are trying to separate garbage so as to recycle. But the guests don't cooperate! Maybe this should be explained in the rules for the hostel. Also: It's not quite clear in English (though it is in Spanish) that toilet paper goes in the basurera, NOT in the toilet! The place is very noisy. You can hear the toilets flushing (I think), hot water heaters (I think), water draining from showers (I think). Probably nothing you can do about it.

Oasis Hostel Toledo

Toledo, Spain

I had to look through my memory, and my notes - I´ve been in half a dozen cities now! Nice hostel. One of the staff told me about a lilttle churreria nearby, where I could go for an early breakfast. I got to watch churros being made, which was interesting. The kitchen is up on the roof - fine - and isn´t open until 10 am - not so fine. I think I know why - it´s probably because the noise would bother people sleeping below. But it´s too bad. Some of us are up and about at a decent hour!

Youth Hostel Salamanca

Salamanca, Spain

It is not quite as easy to find as the website said ... but in recompense, it´s quiet, which was important during Semana Santa. (I had to take the long way around because of the processiones.) The cafe, Trastero, just up the street, was fine for breakfast and other meals. If I recall, it was 1 €, 1 tapa. Hard to beat!

Funky Cordoba

Cordoba, Spain

I enjoyed my stay - but I´m afraid there were bugs. At least, I came away with what sure look like bug bites. I´ll survive! but I thought you should know. I was in a different bed each night, so I don´t know which one it was. Security: I have a lock, but there was nothing to use it on.

Sevilla Inn Backpackers

Seville, Spain

I wasn´t feeling well for part of the time, so I couldn´t take advantage of all that was offered. But I did go on an excellent guided tour. The guide was Medi, and he was wonderful.