Soggiorno Pitti

Florence, Italy

Clean hotel, only stayed here as a break from staying in hostels. Very comfy room quite basic. Excellent location. Especially liked the fact the wireless internet works across the road so on the night I stayed there I could sit outside the palazza and talk to some friends back home. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would recommend staying at soggiorno! Oh and if you walk left after leaving the hostel there is a very nice pizza shop nearby.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

Excellent little apartment to stay in, the owner is very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean as well as the bathroom. Quite a big walk to the city centre but that's ok. Bus stop to the train station is like 100m away which is perfect. I would definitely stay here again, livorno is a beautiful town!

• 29th Jul 2014

Hostel Pisa

Pisa, Italy

What a great hostel, very close to the main train station. The staff are super friendly. Very clean. Cheap food/drinks at the bar. Would definitely stay here again if I go back to pisa.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

The hostel is a fair hike from the city so you must take a bus, but definitely worth it as the views are incredible. Beds were comfy and it was clean, the dinner food was cheap and very tasty, I didn't like the fact there was constantly groups of teenagers hanging out the front of the hostel. But hey if you like smoking weed then I'm sure you won't mind them coming up and trying to sell you some every few minutes. This is the cheapest accommodation option in the town by far. Definitely worth it.

• 25th Jul 2014

Hostel Colours

Milan, Italy

Nice enough hostel if you are staying in Milan for the night, rooms were tidy. I had to wait around for like an hour when I was checking in. Not entirely sure what was going on, not sure the guy at the front desk did either. It's close to the metro, just be wary of the people hanging around the train station. Was able to borrow an umbrella for free which was nice. The night I stayed there was a few bus loads of younger school kids staying there do it was a bit noisy.

• 24th Jul 2014

Be Sound Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Nice hostel, big rooms, huge lockers which were fantastic, could easily fit all my luggage in them. I liked especially the card system for the door/locker. Kitchen was quite small. And there was only 1 bathroom/shower for each gender per floor which I thought wasn't adequate. I didn't like the fact I got charged an extra 7% for using card, I'm already getting charged a high interest rate for withdrawing cash from machine so as a backpackers it felt a bit greedy. Staff super friendly though.

• 16th Jul 2014

Porto Wine Hostel

Porto, Portugal

What a fantastic hostel, located right on the corner of a park walking distance to shops and public transport. The bus to the airport was 100m down the road which was very helpful. The hostel has a really nice relaxed vibe and the staff are very friendly and helpful. If I'm ever back in Porto I will be staying here for sure!

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

Overall nice hostel. Name should be changed because on a hot day it gets hot as hell in the rooms. It's very clean. The locks are finger print scanners which is pretty cool. Not so practical though as mine wouldn't work quite often.

• 11th Jul 2014

Unreal Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Unreal hostel was a nice place. Wasn't that close to the city centre but was ok. When I was there, there were a heap of school kids staying at the hostel which was kind of annoying, they were loud and I felt kind of awkward drinking a beer after a long day when there were a bunch of kids trying to talk to me. Other than that, the rooms were clean and the staff were quite friendly.

• 9th Jul 2014

GSpot Party Hostel

Lagos, Portugal

Gspot hostel is easily in my top 3 hostels I've ever stayed at. It's in the centre of Lagos, 100m from the bars/night life. 10 minutes to some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever experienced. The rooms are spacious and clean. The out door area with the mini pool/jacuzzi is great. While I was there I was invited to have dinner with everyone who works there. Then got invited out to drinks with them! I'll be staying here when I visit Lagos again. Thanks again Mika and Alli!!

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

Needed a break from staying in 12 bed hostel dorms for a night. Found this place, good value for money. Bit of mould in the bathrooms but other than that, fresh sheets and towels. Location wise it's quite a hike to the beaches. But other than that it was a 6 minute walk into the main square in Lagos.

• 30th Jun 2014

Gold Coast

Lagos, Portugal

Probably the most helpful and understanding staff I've met. Super friendly with a great attitude. They spent a good 5 minutes going over a map of Lagos showing me the places to go and things to see. The bed was comfy and clean. Nice common area with plenty of movies. It also has a roof top terrace, would definitely stay here again!

• 28th Jun 2014

Casa d'Alagoa

Faro, Portugal

Easily one if the best hostels I have stayed at. Very clean and the rooms are huge. I had dinner with the staff who cooked heaps of food and it was very cheap to join them. The owner is a very friendly and easy to talk to guy. Loved the fact they had beer on tap as well. Also really liked the rooftop terrace as well. Fantastic hostel I would stay there again in an instant. Couldn't recommend it more.

• 26th Jun 2014

Hotel Abril

Seville, Spain

Nice clean rooms, great location close to the city centre, staff seemed friendly. Across the road from a grocery store which was perfect. I would definitely stay here again if I'm back in Seville.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

Directions to the hostel were not very clear. Other than the the hostel was cheap. It had a nice public bar upstairs which was a tad expensive but worth it for a few drinks in the sun. They had a €3 breakfast option which was amazing. If you're looking for a hostel to have a good night's sleep DO NOT stay here. It is incredibly noisy but if that's what you're into you're to love it. Staff were friendly and the kitchens were perfect.

• 4th Jun 2014

HostelVITA

Granada, Spain

Nice clean hostel walking distance to the allhambra. Arriving at the hostel was kind of confusing it's in an alleyway off the main rd so I walked past it a few times without realising. The rooftop terrace has one of the greatest views of the city available. I really liked the €5 laundry service. Very short distance to some of the nicest tapas bars in the city.

• 1st Jun 2014

Living Cat's Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Stayed here one night, the toilets are so cramped I couldn't sit down properly, the smell in the bathroom was horrendous. There was school groups of young kids running around screaming, breakfast was ok. It's very loud you can find much nicer hostels for not much more.

• 31st May 2014

Room007 Ventura Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Great hostel, everything was cleaned daily. I found it quite difficult to find the hostel due to the fact they don't have a sign out front and they had a pot plant in between the restaurant so I assumed it was the same place. It's connected to a restaurant / bar. Staff were very helpful and friendly. If I was back in Madrid I would definitely stay there again. The tapas tour was worth the €10, yeah get a huge amount to eat.

• 26th May 2014

Phoenix Hostel

Nice hostel, no kitchen, the only place you can have a drink is downstairs in the bar. Which means you can only buy alcohol sold at the bar. So it gets pretty expensive. Matilda and Paul were both very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

• 25th May 2014

The Duke of York

You get what you pay for, no kitchen, no common area. The only place you can have a drink is downstairs in the bar. Which is obviously a lot more expensive than buying your own. After 11.30 the bar is closed. Which means you have to go find another place to go if you want to stay up later than that. I probably wouldn't stay there again.

• 24th May 2014

Phoenix Hostel

Phoenix hostel is a great place to stay, beds are comfy and clean, the only thing that I disliked was the fact they used keypad locks instead of card/keys. Every time you wanted to go upstairs you had to ask a staff member which seemed kind of annoying. Other than that the staff are very friendly, Paul was lovely and was always up for a chat. Matilda was super friendly and always had a smile on her face! I would stay there again. - Thomas

• 23rd May 2014

Smart Camden Hostel

I stayed in a 12 person dorm, the bunks were so cramped together I had to keep my stuff on the bed with me. The kitchen/common room was tiny. Wouldn't stay there again.

• 22nd May 2014
  • Globetrotter

We are sorry to hear you had problems with the beds in your room. We have luggage lockers at the bottom of all the bed to hold all your stuff, in the process allowing you more than enough space. You normally have to ask for this at the reception where you will be required to pay the sum of £1.50 per night to use this. That said, we could also have told you about it. So, we are sorry.

Kick Ass Hostels

Edinburgh, Scotland

This was by far the best hostel I gave stayed at so far on my trip. Everything is brand new, clean, very secure. They have a huge bar on the top level which also serves food. Walking distance to every thing! Staff are very friendly and helpful, Highly recommend!

• 20th May 2014

St Enoch Hotel

Glasgow, Scotland

Cheap hostel to stay at, you get what you pay for. Excellent location right in the shopping/food district of the city. 2 minutes from the train station, wouldn't recommend staying for longer than 2 days unfortunately it didn't have a common room or kitchen.

• 18th May 2014

Vagabonds

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Vagabonds is truly a home away from home, the atmosphere is amazing. I couldn't recommend it more. Richard, Sarah and Mete' made me feel very welcome at the hostel. The rooms were cleaned daily and the facilities were spotless. The showers even had really good water pressure which was nice for a change! Thanks again guys - Tom

• 14th May 2014

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

I stayed at abagails hostel for 4 days, the dorm I stayed in smelt pretty bad, I noticed that one of the showers was leaking out onto the carpet and making it smell kind of damp, I notified staff and they seemed to be concerned about it which was a good sign. It was pretty clean and overall seemed like a ok place to stay. I liked the fact the dorms had ensuites and powerpoints / lights built into the bunks.

• 9th May 2014

Hoax Hostel

Liverpool, England

Hoax hostel was absolutely incredible, the facilities were spotless! I was very impressed with the location. I stayed there by myself for 2 nights and loved it. It connects to a bar next door which has great food (you also get a discount if you're staying at hoax) I would recommend that you stay here if you're travelling to Liverpool. I stayed on the bottom level which had no windows so I guess if you have claustrophobia or something it may not suit I guess.

• 7th May 2014

The Dictionary, Shoreditch

Excellent hostel for a first time traveller, staff were very helpful and friendly. Great atmosphere all rooms/bathrooms were cleaned everyday. Close to all public transport/brick lane. Highly reccomended!

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, and we're glad you had such a good time. We will hope to see you again soon!