Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Toronto, Canada

Very friendly and helpful staff, tasty bagel in the morning and I liked the location. Bit too much of a party hostel for my tastes but if you like that then it's a good spot.

Montreal Central

Montreal, Canada

Great place to stay in Montreal. Location is spot on near Berri-UQAM Metro stop, facilities are good (kitchen, large common area, spacious dorms) and very clean. Very chilled out atmosphere and the staff are all extremely friendly. Tough to find fault with the place.

• 29th Mar 2015

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

The hostel was in good condition although the rooms were very cramped, there was no kitchen and the common area was just a couch in the small reception area. Perhaps this is all just a function of being an "Inn" in NY as opposed to an out and out hostel. While the staff weren't unhelpful they certainly didn't come across as friendly. That said, I would probably stay again if I needed somewhere central in NY.

• 27th Mar 2015

NYC is very tight, expensive and we just don't have the room for a full kitchen. For that reason most of our rooms have refrigerators, microwaves and sinks. We are sorry you found our staff unfriendly and unhelpful. As we pride ourselves as helpful and friendly, like most reviews you'll read about in other reviews, please email us directly as we want to hear and learn more about your experience so we can continue to improve. Pleas email us: info@newyorkbudgetinn.com

El Viajero - Hostel & Suites

Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

Pleasant hostel with a laid back atmosphere. Staff were helpful too. One drawback was the bathroom in the 4-bed dorm I stayed in wasn't great with the water from the shower getting all over the bathroom floor. I would stay here again if I were in town.

• 11th Nov 2014

Good hostel, stayed in 8 bed dorm for two nights. Usually prefer smaller dorm as 8 can be noisy at times but aside from that it was a nice hostel with good common area, helpful staff, and clean and safe.

• 28th Aug 2014

The Mango Tree

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Really excellent hostel. 9 weeks traveling so far and one of my favourite stays so far. Comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, good kitchen, solid breakfast, very helpful front desk and the location speaks for itself. Stayed up the road at lemon spirit before coming to mango tree. Mango tree is better value for money in every sense. The staff are genuinely helpful and friendly and the whole place lacks that fake "trying too hard to be your friend" vibe you get from some of the party hostels.

Atacama Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Very nice hostel with everything we needed. Decent kitchen, lots of space in the common room, pleasant staff without being in your face, and the beds were very comfortable. 6 weeks in to travel this is one of my favorite hostels so far. Does the simple things very well.

• 11th May 2014