Reviews: Excursionpreneur

Location USA, Age 23

Hostel Fish, Denver, USA
29th May 2016

Very clean, well designed, and there are a number of spaces in which you can hang out within the building (general area, library, balcony, reception area). Also, the wifi is very strong all throughout the building. Free towels when I went. My only complaint is that the front door slams loudly. It can be heard on the 3rd floor. The windows are a little thin, so you can hear outside noise very well. However, it's a hostel...bring earplugs. I had a short stay, but I enjoyed it.

9th Aug 2014

This was a nice hostel. If I wasn't here during the low season, I'm sure I would have met even more interesting people. My roommates were nice, the staff is nice, and makes pancakes in the morning. They have FREE PARKING, and this is in the downtown area, so this is really important. Adelaide's parking is expensive. The wifi was good, and they have to ping-pong table. I would stay here again. For $18 per night, it was well worth it.

Port Adelaide Backpackers, Adelaide, Australia
27th Jun 2014

This hostel was very nice. This is the low season for Australia, so there were not that many people in this hostel. I met some nice long-termers there, and they taught me how to play pool. The area was nice, and quiet. I would stay here again. There was a nice TV room, with tons of DVDs. Bathrooms were clean. Children live here though, so...watch your swear words.

Backpack OZ, Adelaide, Australia
9th Jun 2014

This place was so great, that I stayed here twice. I love this hostel. Clean, fun, affordable. It's by Domino's Pizza. They have a $5 Pizza special which is very filling. This time, I stayed in the 12 person dorm. It was spacious, clean, and had lockers, and plenty of space under the bed to fit large bags. The room didn't smell like breath when I woke up either. This is sometimes a problem when there is no ventilation, but not here! I highly reccomend staying in this laid back hostel.

The Little Pub Backpackers, Adelaide, Australia
7.7
5th Jun 2014

This hostel was good. This is a good place to sleep, but that's about it. There is a bar/slot machine section on the very first floor if you are into that. Upstairs was clean, hot showers, nice tv in the kitchen. Best part: FREE LAUNDRY, WASH AND DRY!! Mingled with other people, not a bad stay. But the wifi is not so good, but there is a library close by w/good wifi. This isnt a hostel in which you hang out in all night though. Nice and simple.

Backpack OZ, Adelaide, Australia
1st Jun 2014

This hostel was great and totally worth the $22/night. On Tuesdays, they had a great free dinner and a pool competition that you enter in for $1, with great prizes. There's a nice large hangout section...one for TV, one for laptop use (with plenty of chairs and outlets), and one for the pool table. They have a book exchange, and plenty of good DVDs to watch. They go above and beyond. The staff people are great hardworking people too. Easy to get to from airport-take J2 bus. Quiet at night too.

BB's Working Backpackers, Sydney, Australia
3.4
26th May 2014

Loud/dirty. Most people were to drunk or buzzed to care about the mess (they were the ones creating it). I ignored that part. There was this alarm on an entry door that kept going off all night. I couldn't get solid sleep until 2am. There isn't an actual staff at this place. It;s just a bunch of hungover long-termers who trade work for stay. They say it gets cleaned 2x a day, but that's not enough. The dirty bathrooms smelled like old urine, and never had any soap. Don't pay more than $10/night

I'm sorry you didn't like it here. The time you came was a bit loud. We had a farewell party for some people who had stayed with us for a few months. We don't supply backpackers with soap, thats something we expect you to buy for yourself. In regards to the door we found a guest that was leaving the door open because he couldn't remember the door code so that problem is fixed now. If you come by Syd have a night on us, I can put you in a room not near the front door and shout you some soap :D

Nate's Place Backpackers, Sydney, Australia
7.4
20th May 2014

The hostel was nice, but some of the doors slam so loudly that it will wake you up. The bathrooms were always clean. The free breakfast and coffee was nice (toast, peanut butter, jam, cereal, milk). I'm so glad the dorms had fans in them, since room 6 is small, and body heat accumulates so rapidly. Too bad you don't offer ear plugs. Some of the residents can be quite loud on a regular basis. This is a nice mix of working hostel/backpacker hostel. Close to attractions. Walked to Opera House.

JGH Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
8.0
5th May 2014

Nice hostel, but cramped so get used to it. Get used to secondhand smoke too. The hostel is close to cheap food, grocery store, transportation. Staff is nice. Attracts young, fun people, and hung out with lots of folks. Check out the Bento box stand (yummy dinner for 270 Yen), only 5 min walk. If a bed and free wifi is all you need, then this place is great. I would stay here again, but I would bring some earplugs. The pillows are beanbags (literally) and can be uncomfortable at times.

Tokyo Hostel, Tokyo, Japan
2nd May 2014

I stayed in the 10-person dorm - quite spacious. Getting to the hostel is easy if you are coming from HND airport. Showers are clean and hot. Plenty of 7-11s around to get cash. The host was nice, spoke English, and gives great directions. The wifi went out for two days, and was weak when it did work which made it hard to plan sometimes. There were spacious lounge zones at the hostel. This is where I met about 5 people and hung out a bunch. Overall, I enjoyed my stay.