Alobar1000

Kathmandu, Nepal

Great rooftop hangout with friendly staff and good, cheap food. There's a travel desk that I didn't use, but could help with trek planning. It's a good location just up a dirt (read muddy when it rains) road from the main shopping area. The under bunk locker drawers are clumsy and loud and a pain to lock, and the bathrooms were often out of toilet paper and not super clean...though they do say they clean them every 3 hrs. Good deal for cheap price and good vibe - I'd stay here again.

The staff was very nice and helpful, and it's a short 5-10 min walk to both Black beach and Varkala beach, and the porch/yard are peaceful and relaxing. The fruit stand across the street is a great breakfast on the go. We thought the bamboo hut would be cute, but it's dark and prison-like. There's just a bed and small table - nowhere to put your stuff, and the wifi didn't work (they attempted to fix, but it only lasted one night). Good place for the price, but ask if your room has wifi!

Moustache Hostel

New Delhi, India

Nice staff and a travel deskl that can help with trip/transportation bookings (highly recommended..spend a few Rs to save some major hassle at the train station). The a/c room was a welcome break from heat; sheets/pillow provided, though cleanliness of room and bathroom was just average...probably above average for India though. Washing machine use on site for Rs200, included breakfast is just toast and bananas with tea/coffee. Met awesome travelers here - they were the best part of my visit!

Check Inn HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Easy to find from the airport and good location. The staff is not overly friendly, though polite enough, but the atmosphere and fellow travelers more than make up for it. Only a couple shared bathrooms, but they are cleaned regularly. I would stay here again...it's a good option for the price. Small lockers that barely fit a computer and few valuables, but every bed has a power strip with worldwide adapters.

Atlantic Point Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

Good location, big kitchen for guest use and several common areas (though with old couches). The staff is helpful when you have specific questions, but it's kind of hit or miss how friendly and inclusive they are -- they're all young interns and seem to have their own cliches and drama that take priority in their days. There are nice daily/weekly activities arranged by the hostel, but the board hadn't been updated in a week. Decent rooms - I'd opt for the cleaner female dorm over mixed.

#bunk taksim

Istanbul, Turkey

Overall great experience. The rooftop bar is cozy and a good place to hang out, though would be better with different seating options -- the metal bar stools are not comfortable. The beds are great, rooms and bathrooms clean, but half of my showers were cold...others on my floor said the same thing.

Chambers of the Boheme

Istanbul, Turkey

I have only great things to say about Ahmet and my stay at this hostel. Despite my plane landing late and not arriving to Taksim until 1:30 in the morning, Ahmet met my taxi at the corner and walked me to the hostel, then "upgraded" me to my own room so that I didn't have to try and unpack without disturbing the other women already asleep. The rooms are simple, but they have a/c and a fan and large lockers for each bed. The location is excellent and Ahmet was very helpful with recommendations.

Funky Fes

Fez, Morocco

Great place for the low price, with friendly people that made it a fun place to hang out in the evenings. Rooms and bunk beds were fine, with lockable storage for just a couple people on a first-come, first claim basis. The bathrooms were clean, but had an unidentifiable, slightly fishy smell. The terrace was nice also.