Check Inn HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Easy to find from the airport and good location. The staff is not overly friendly, though polite enough, but the atmosphere and fellow travelers more than make up for it. Only a couple shared bathrooms, but they are cleaned regularly. I would stay here again...it's a good option for the price. Small lockers that barely fit a computer and few valuables, but every bed has a power strip with worldwide adapters.

Atlantic Point Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

Good location, big kitchen for guest use and several common areas (though with old couches). The staff is helpful when you have specific questions, but it's kind of hit or miss how friendly and inclusive they are -- they're all young interns and seem to have their own cliches and drama that take priority in their days. There are nice daily/weekly activities arranged by the hostel, but the board hadn't been updated in a week. Decent rooms - I'd opt for the cleaner female dorm over mixed.

#bunk taksim

Istanbul, Turkey

Overall great experience. The rooftop bar is cozy and a good place to hang out, though would be better with different seating options -- the metal bar stools are not comfortable. The beds are great, rooms and bathrooms clean, but half of my showers were cold...others on my floor said the same thing.

Chambers of the Boheme

Istanbul, Turkey

I have only great things to say about Ahmet and my stay at this hostel. Despite my plane landing late and not arriving to Taksim until 1:30 in the morning, Ahmet met my taxi at the corner and walked me to the hostel, then "upgraded" me to my own room so that I didn't have to try and unpack without disturbing the other women already asleep. The rooms are simple, but they have a/c and a fan and large lockers for each bed. The location is excellent and Ahmet was very helpful with recommendations.

Funky Fes

Fez, Morocco

Great place for the low price, with friendly people that made it a fun place to hang out in the evenings. Rooms and bunk beds were fine, with lockable storage for just a couple people on a first-come, first claim basis. The bathrooms were clean, but had an unidentifiable, slightly fishy smell. The terrace was nice also.