New Society Backpacker, Singapore, Singapore
7th Aug 2016

Not a great location (over ten minute walk from nearest MRT stations which in Singapore is actually quite far) but a nice hostel with good security (lockers and everything needs your passcode to get through). 24 bed dorm is partitioned up into sections and isn't too bad, air conditioning and fans and the bathrooms are fine - overall pretty clean and new. Staff were friendly and helpful and decent price considering it altogether. Wifi isn't particularly amazing and tends to drop out though.

PODs The Backpackers Home, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3rd Aug 2016

I booked the large dorm and the air conditioning definitely didn't work so the room was pretty hot and stuffy, otherwise the hostel was pretty nice. Staff were friendly and place was clean - price was decent and super close to KL Sentral. I wouldn't stay there longer than a night or two but it was good for what it was.

HI Siem Reap Deluxe, Siem Reap, Cambodia
6.6
24th Jul 2016

Good One Hostel & Cafe Bar, Bangkok, Thailand
21st Jul 2016

Really impressed with this hostel - all of the staff were friendly and knowledgable and did all they could to help. Good atmosphere and decent priced drinks at the bar - breakfast is usual far, but everything else about the hostel was fantastic. Will definitely stay here again when I'm back in Bangkok.

Footprints Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
5.4
19th Jul 2016

Decent location but otherwise pretty average. Staff were cordial but the complete lack of atmosphere and no decent communal spaces meant my stay was pretty lacking. The lockers weren't big enough for my bag in my room and the curtains did nothing to block out the street light. Wouldn't stay here again.

X Hostel Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
28th Sep 2014

Staff were lovely and helpful, rooms were clean and the location was great. Also, it was nice to finally stay in a hostel that actually had enough showers for everyone! Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in bucharest.

Flag Varna Central Hostel, Varna, Bulgaria
8th Aug 2014

Rooms were modern, clean and spacious. Enough power points for everyone as well, which is always nice. The common room was quite small though, so there wasn't a heap of atmosphere but enjoyed my stay here regardless.

Yo-Ho-Hostel, Varna, Bulgaria
5.7
7th Aug 2014

Showers were an absolute disaster. I'm normally not bothered by dirty showers but these ones were exceptionally bad and cramped. Staff were patronising and rude upon checking out and talked to me as if I was a child which was really annoying.

Hi Matthew, Is it very easy to write about cleanless, but is it very difficult to clean after yourself ! Beckpeckers reality ! All the best !

Hostel Old Plovdiv, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
5th Aug 2014

I had a fantastic stay here at Hostel Old Plovdiv. The staff were lovely, the hostel clean and welcoming and it's situated right in the old town near the top of this beautiful lookout. My only issue was that there were no lockers but that's a pretty minor thing and otherwise I really, really recommend this place.

Long Live Australia ! To have such a positive review is a great honor ! Thank you also for recommending us to your friends- they arrived safely :) Best regarsd: Hristo

Hostel Mostel, Sofia, Bulgaria
29th Jul 2014

Had a great time here at Hostel Mostel. Breakfast and dinner were good (though beware you have to pay extra if you select the economy option as they call it) and even included free waffles. Which is pretty sweet. They organised a lot of activities whilst I was there like free hiking tours and cave climbing. Every night there was a pub crawl which was free and usually pretty good. When I come back to sofia I'd absolutely stay here again. A steal for the price they charge you.

Fabric Hostel & Club, Naples, Italy
24th Jul 2014

Had a great time here. All the rooms have ample locker room and enough sockets for everyone. Showers are communal but are in decent condition and the staff were super helpful. Beer is also super cheap! Only downside was the location but the price and atmosphere more than made up for the short trip into Naples city centre. Would definitely stay here again.

5.4
17th Jul 2014

The staff were exceptionally unhelpful in regards to any issues we had. In particular they were unable to return my $50 towel which their cleaner had taken from my bed whilst cleaning our room. This was inexcusable, if a staff member takes an item of mine I expect it returned or to be compensated. There were NO power points available for charging that weren't in use for appliances (A/C, TV, etc) and the shower constantly flooded and was mouldy. I definitely wouldn't recommend this hostel.

Leonardo House, Florence, Italy
14th Jul 2014

Wonderful little hostel in Florence. We had a private room and it was spacious and clean with air con. Only downside to the hostel was the lack of a common space, however this didn't bother us at all. Leonardo himself is friendly and helpful! Would definitely recommend and stay there again.

Generator Venice, Venice, Italy
12th Jul 2014

Rooms were super clean and modern. Though the restroom had leaky showers but that wasn't an issue. Staff weren't particularly helpful or friendly but did the job. Location wasn't fantastic either but ferries ran every twenty minutes during the day so it wasn't too much of a hassle to get around. Overall well worth the price and would stay there again.

Dear M, thanks for posting a great review to share with fellow travellers. All you comment have been taken on board. Safe travels Fabio Moccia General Manager

City Backpacker - Hostel Biber, Zurich, Switzerland
7.7
10th Jul 2014

Overall we enjoyed our stay here and the staff were friendly and helpful when we first arrived and when we had questions. The only issue we really had was that the wifi was only available in the hotel lobby and that in the evening it tended to get crowded. Really not an issue at all, just a first world problem and not something one can complain about with their reasonable prices. I'd be happy to stay there whenever I head back to this beautiful city!

6.0
4th Jul 2014

Overall we were really disappointed in our time here. Foremost the hostel is exceptionally overpriced. I've stayed in hostels equal in quality to this for far less. There was a hole in out room's roof which was dismissed by a staff member as a non-issue and left our friends with a bed that was soaked in water without even an apology. The shower and toilet weren't cleaned and had no ventilation. Our room didn't lock and the location was removed from the main sites. We won't come back.

hello we should express our surprise as in the room you were in (8 bedded) have no"hole" in it. if there was a leak in that room our apologies as you can understand the 3 ducks has been remodeled totally and we find out together with our guests some things that are badly made. We react to this and fix things as far as we are concerned . All our apologies if the person did not provide you with new sheets .The rooms as the shower & toilets are cleaned dayly WITH NO EXCEPTIONS;BEST REGARDS

Barmy Badger Backpackers, London, England
2nd Jul 2014

Rooms were clean and had lockers (bring your own lock, none are supplied) that were a pretty good size. Also what safes which were handy. Located within five minutes of Earl's Court metro station that links up to most of the important stuff you want to see in London. Staff were great and helped me out with my laundry when the machine started playing up. Breakfast was a bit average but I couldn't complain.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger. We are pleased that you liked our cleanliness, the personal locker/safe combo and that our staff were helpful! Safe onward travels from the Badger Team.

Barmy Badger Backpackers, London, England
29th Jun 2014

Bayrams Treehouse, Olympos, Turkey
12th Jun 2014

Great hostel to stay at if you're after a few days or weeks of relaxing by the beach and hanging with friends. Dinner is always great and the bar staff (Belinda and J-Dawg) were totally wonderful. The rooms are clean and adequate but the common showers and toilets get a bit dirty. Overall not a huge issue though.

Sabah Pansiyon, Antalya, Turkey
7.4
10th Jun 2014

Staff were kind and rooms were clean although the atmosphere was pretty poor with no one hanging out or mingling. Though I was there in shoulder season so it's probably quite good in peak months. Overall pretty good though.

Big Apple Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
2nd Jun 2014

An absolutely wonderful hostel. I stayed in the large 14 people dorm downstairs and had the best time. The staff were helpful, kind and friendly. The breakfast was huge and delicious and the hostel was in good condition and cleaned daily. This place made my trip to Istanbul fantastic. I'd highly recommend anyone heading there goes to the Big Apple Hostel.