Oliver St. John Gogarty

Dublin, Ireland

Woken up (by a poke in the face!) by staff security check at 2 am. One key per room, VERY easy for someone to be in the wrong room, or for someone who isn't even supposed to be there to get in. Kitchen only open from 8 am to 8 pm. Sheets on the bed when we arrived hadn't been changed- my boyfriends bed still had things on it from the previous occupant. Two outlets in a room with 10 beds. Only 6 or 7 lockers in the room as well. Not recommended.

Istanbul Harmony Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Convenient location, but being right next to the tram line means lots of noise from the street. Beds were nice, as we're bathrooms, but didn't get much sleep due to the noise. Had an issue with the power outlet next to my bed, fixed promptly. Wifi only on the rooftop lounge/bar. Probably wouldn't stay again.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Door has codes. The place was nice though obviously older. The drain in one of the showers on my floor was clogged. Breakfast was nice and they had a lot of activities for guests and it seemed like a nice place to meet people. Had an airport shuttle (to the airport) though didn't use it.

The Cat's Pajamas Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great kitchen. Nice common area. I had issues accessing the wifi in my room. Would stay again.

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

Three outlets for a 6 bed room. Common area is nice, lots of people. Small but good kitchen with fridge. Staff was helpful.