M&J Hostel

Rome, Italy

Cold shower. The Hostelworld page clearly states the the Rome bed tax is 2 euro, but when I arrived I had to pay 3.50 just like other places. I know it seems a small thing but I choose hostels based on the info provided and the info is false. When I told them, they had some excuse in very fast, accented English that I couldn't understand a word of. They did print out my boarding pass though which was very good of them.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Ave Gratia Plena

Salerno, Italy

Absolutely beautiful place. A bit of a walk from the station but its worth it to stay in the old part of town ad it really is a fantastic hostel. Only drawback for me was the light in the womens dorm bathroom was on a timer that was far too short. The lights going off mid shower is a pain in the arse. Great staff though, recommended some great places for eating out and were very helpful and accommodating.

• 13th Oct 2014

Poliziano inn

Rome, Italy

Thought the bunk was going to tip over when I climbed up onto the top, not steady at all. Was good to have an elevator but any form of kitchen appliance I think should be provided. Whether that is a toaster, kettle, mini fridge or microwave... Not even having the option of making a cup of tea or pot noodles is pretty awful I think

• 9th Oct 2014

Achmelvich Beach Youth Hostel

Achmelvich, Scotland

Perfect location. Loved the curtains between bunks, a lot more privacy than in any other hostel Ive stayed in. Fantastic people. Spectacular.

• 27th Aug 2014

Bunkhouse Plus

Weymouth, England

Nice place. Although because the weather was so hot during my stay and they windows don't open very far I found the rooms very stiflingly hot and couldn't sleep well. The man on reception was quite rude on my last day there because I didn't realise I needed permission to store my luggage in the storage room, which is not locked. He was also rude when I forgot whether breakfast was provided and asked him. Also, the towels aren't provided like it says on the website, they are at extra charge.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Hi We are glad you had a good stay in Weymouth and we are sorry to hear about some of your comments. Just to clarify The windows can be opened 2 ways as they are 'tilt and turn' in all rooms. We do however request guests with children to take care if openining the window wide! We do have left luggage on request and there are lockers in the left luggage room for valuables. We advertise as a self catering hostel and we also advertise Towel hire which is £1.00 for the stay. Colin @ Bunkhouse Plus

Brazen Backpackers

Both upstairs toilets were blocked during my few days there with the problem not being addressed within my stay. Showers are good but the kitchen is very small and smelt pretty awful with lots of flies around. Also, it's fine that they ask for a deposit when you check in, but I forgot to ask for it when I checked out and they later wouldn't refund it because they couldn't verify that I had checked out on time. Fair, but they should pay it back without having to be asked or reminded.

• 7th Jul 2014

Reykjavik Backpackers

Reykjavik, Iceland

Staff were very accommodating and friendly. Beds were a little saggy and weekend nights got a bit loud but those are the only complaints and the hostel is on the main bar street in the city so its a bit to be expected.

• 5th Jun 2014

Jazz on the Park-Hostel

New York, USA

Good place. More conveniently located if you're into going to the National History Museum and Central park than the city center but the buses are easy enough to figure out. Beds are a bit squeaky but comfy enough and small personal lockers were available in the rooms which was good for not having to carry valuable around during the day. Breakfast was pretty great. yay bagels! Showers were a bit cramped and gross.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you for your review, we are glad your enjoyed the location and our breakfast. We are sorry for any inconvenience that you have encountered during your stay with us. We have cleaning staff during the day and night making sure our bathrooms and showers are cleaned.