The Philadelphia House

Philadelphia, USA

The staff are superb and work together as a team. There is a keen sense of them wanting guests to get the most they can from their stay in Philadelphia. The hostel was clean and tidy. It has a warm, friendly atmosphere. It was a pleasure to stay there.

• 17th May 2014

Jazz on the Park-Hostel

New York, USA

The hostel was value for money considering its location near to Central Park. The showers and toilets were a longish walk down the corridor from where I was sleeping. I found that the music playing in the communal areas downstairs was unnecessarily loud. The staff were friendly and I felt that when I reported the stepladder on my bunk was loose and very noisy that something will be done about it. Someone else in my room reported that he was unable to close the window and it was repaired.

• 15th May 2014

Thank you for your review, Each floor has showers and toilets for men and women on each end of the hallway, and shared within everyone on the same floor. The music is part of an entertainment for all guest and open for suggestions. We are glad that the staff was a great help. We strive to make sure all our guest enjoy and have a comfortable stay with us.

A very nice hostel with added bonus of a regular free shuttle bus to the station and will pick you up from the station in the evening. A friendly atmosphere and staff very ready to help guests in many ways. The bedroom was a bit chilly at times but staff would like to hear and see what that can do to improve the situation. Bed was a bit hard and plastic covered mattress could do with a thicker cover as it was hard and lumpy. Overall I had a very pleasant stay.