MEININGER Brussels City Center

Brussels, Belgium

The front desk had problems with my booking and got hostile with me and wanted to refuse me entry to the hostel. The very nice manager on duty fixed the issue. They have booking glitches that are huge. A lot of people have to book in and out of the same room 3 times during a stay. It confuses the other occupants of the room who never know who has left and who is coming (security). No controls - people were rolling in the hallways drunk at 2am - laying in the hallways talking loudly.

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

This building is gorgeous and clean and has huge windows and then a full very clean and well designed basement as well with loads of extra clean toilets and showers (private) with no wait time. There are tons of common areas to lounge in, the kitchen has fridges for each room and lots of space to cook. They thought of every detail. The staff is super helpful and you can even print your boarding pass for Free! :-) There are free use of computers, Internet and the area is stunning. Lovely!!!

Thank you so much, happy to hear that you appreciate our freebies and facilities! Kindly, Ellinor CBP

YHA London Holland Park

This property deserves the rating that I have given. It is shoddy at best. The beds are closer than should be legal. The washroom is in need of repairs. The staff is not attentive at all. It is out of the way for location and not safe at night to go and come from (in the dark park lane) You have to pay for everything and it is not cheap for the little you get. I think that they need to fix up this place. It is not fancy like in the website photos.

The staff are very welcoming and helpful. I liked the room I was in and the people staying at the hostel were amazing - you could have chats. .The hostel is large and has nice big common areas great for mingling and private space too. The breakfast was average. Nice patio for sitting outside - the area of London is really pretty, lots of trees - less hectic than downtown.. Travel to the city center is far.. They need more showers and better ones. I did not like males/female shared washrooms.

Hi there and thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you had a good stay with us. It's a shame that you didn't consult our reception regarding the bathrooms, as we have one female-only bathroom and you could have had a better stay. Also, we are located a bit far away from the city centre, it is true. But luckily we have the Willesden Green underground station very close to our hostel making it very easy to get anywhere in London. Getting to the city centre takes less than 15 min! :)