Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 24

The MadHouse Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Nothing stellar here. I heard great things about Madhouse, and while there are activities, something was just missing. I found this hostel to be rather bro, and didn't really enjoy my time here.

It's very likely that everything you heard about The MadHouse is true. We're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. Happy travels! :)

Carpe Noctem Original

Budapest, Hungary

This is actually the best hostel I've ever stayed at. I ended up going out with everyone every night except one, and usually I'm not even much of a party-goer. The staff take care of you, and make sure you have stuff to do during the day and evening, and the people who come here are among the most amazing I've ever met. I didn't extend, but if I didn't have work commitments I absolutely would have.

Vietnam Inn Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Second worst staff out of any hostel I've stayed in. They took half an hour to check me in, and they don't smile when you need things. There are floor-shared bathrooms here which I didn't really appreciate, although there is a rooftop bar.

Dear Shenglong Gao. You are last person because you came here check in after some one else. You should waiting them first. Do you know how to line up??? And then, you are angry us with everything. How do you think if we check you in before them??? That's not fair. We hopefully every guests understand about this.

Mui Ne Backpackers Resort

Mui Ne, Vietnam

It''s one of the nicer places in Mui Ne, although the Vietnamese staff seem to be confused really easily. It's also sort of irritating that they won't keep a tab, and demand payment for everything immediately, which is just a hassle.

Hai Long Vuong

Da Lat, Vietnam

This was a pretty great place to stay. It's private, although sort of out of the way (about a 15 minute walk to city center). The staff are awesome, and actually can converse in English. This city in general is not touristy, and this place offers great value. I just wish it was a bit more social.

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

We found cockroaches, and it's just not a clean place in general. The worst part has to be the staff, however. The staff referred to my indian friend as, "the black girl". It took half an hour to process her key deposit back, and they were just not helpful in general. Very bro-ish atmosphere.

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Awesome hostel - this was my first time backpacking and the staff here were not only friendly, but also helped me so much. The airline had lost my luggage, so I had needed a bit more attention than usual. It's basically like a hotel, fully AC'd and there's even wifi around. The common room is lively, and it's really easy to meet people. Highly recommended :)