Nomads Fat Camel Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

The staff members were very helpful upon arrival and again on checkout. The rooms were comfortable and clean enough and the location of the hostel was great for me as i was there one night and getting the airport shuttle EARLY in the morning. The street is very noisey however until late into the night which is why I would probably give it a miss next time I am in Auckland.

Taupo Urban Retreat

Taupo, New Zealand

I only stayed here one night and I didnt spend a huge amount of time at the hostel itself. The girl on rcepetion was amazing however, very helpful and friendly and the I would of been happy to have stayed there addiotnal nights if i had more time. The rooms were clean and comfortable however there was alot of noise in the alleyway behind in the mornning that meant you couldnt sleep much past 6.30am!!!

Thank you for your comments and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry about the noise in the service lane. Currently a builing is being renovated and we are all extremely pleased that it is nearing completion, as it has been a bit of a disruption for us all! Enjoy the rest of your travels :-)

Hanmer Backpackers

Hanmer Springs, New Zealand

I LOVED this hostel! The owners were very friendly and helpful and they really wanted this hostel to be a place you can relax in and feel at home. Its close to town and has a good kitchen area and dining room. Its an intimiate hostel with alot of character and I would definitely stay there again. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the night there was great!

YHA Te Anau

Te Anau, New Zealand

We were only there for a night before Milford Sound. It is very quiet this time of year so not much going on but good enough for what we needed. Facilities were good, GREAT showers! We were in a dorm room however and the beds were extremely uncomfortable. Very thin mattresses on wooden slated bunks, for this reason I wouldn't stay there again im afraid.

• 7th Sep 2012

Bells Beach Backpackers

Torquay, Australia

I have stayed here many years ago and loved it. This was my first visit since their renovations and I was very impressed with it! The staff were great and its well situated for public transport, the beach, town centre and the surf shops!

• 14th Jan 2012

Great hostel in a very good location. The facilities are good and unlike other hostels in Hobart has a nice big communal area so you are able to meet other people. Staff were great, super helpful and really friendly. I would definitely stay here again!

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Very good hostel in a great location. Bed were comfortable and clean and the hostel is very modern and bright so good atmosphere. Downside for me was the room we were given as it was on the main corridor that everyone in the hostel has to walk past and was SUPER noisey at night. We did have to complain about the room next door at one point, but the staff dealt with it very well and they sorted the problem out straight away. Great hostel for a good price.

City Centre Tourist Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Great little HOstel for the price. We paid £8 and were in a 4 bed dorm. Perfect location, decent little kitchen and staff were helpful and friendly. Would recommend if you want city centre on a tight budget.

Nice hostel, located very close to Vatican and close to public transport and shops etc. If you are looking for accommodation close to Vatican I would highly recommend, its quite a walk over to the other side of the river for other attractions, but in my opinion its worth it!

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab)

Brussels, Belgium

Decent hostel, but definately not the same quality as other in different cities of the the same price. Rooms are basic and breakfast was good so cant complain too much. Alot of money for what you get though but I think all the hostels in Brussels are pricey so not much to chose from!!