The Londonears Hostel, London, England
7.7
5th Jul 2014

Very comfortable bed for the night- I slept like a log. The shower was also clean and the location was pleasant. However, £30 for one night is too expensive for a dorm room- especially as there was no breakfast and only 10 minutes for wi-fi

• England, Male, 25-30
Hyde Park Hostel, London, England
5.7
2nd Jul 2014

The dorm felt like a prison cell, very dingy and cramped with dark blue blinds that cover each three-storey bunk bed. The shower was cold and dirty. The bed wasn't long enough if you're tall. There was also a poor atmosphere and it was unfriendly.

6.9
30th Jun 2014

I chose this hostel because I thought it would have a youthful and friendly vibe- but the atmosphere was flat on a Monday night. The staff were friendly and the bed was comfortable- However, for the expensive price, breakfast should have been included. The interior is decorated with a quirky design and there is a common room downstairs. There was a rumour going round that a mouse lived in my room so I slept on one of the top bunks!

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay, and we're sorry the atmosphere was a little flat while you were here. We now have a pest control company ensuring that our bottom bunks are just as safe as our top ones too :)

The Royal Bayswater Hostel, London, England
8.0
22nd Jun 2014

I saw some bad reviews for this hostel, but having tried it myself, it was fine. I liked how the rooms were all ensuite and showers were hot. I also met some other young backpackers who were more friendly than other hostels. The beds provide basic comfort for the price, and the breakfast is good with hot chocolate and squash provided, as well as tea and coffee. I would recommend this hostel as a temporary place for people to see London.

New Mansion House, London, England
27th May 2014

An excellent value hostel for the location and the meals that are included in with the price. You could quite easily pay a lot more and get much less for your money in London. The only suggestion that could improve the Hostel would be to have Hand-drying facilities in toilets and better ventilation in dorms as it was too hot to sleep. Other than this, I would highly recommend it.

Dear, Thank you for your comments. We will certainly consider your suggestions regarding hand drying facilities and ventilation issues in our dorms, specially during summer time. Regards,

Belsize House, London, England
20th May 2014

The other residents are generally longer term than backpackers, so its not a party hostel, but they were still very friendly. The rooms were much better than standard dorms, more spacious with proper wardrobes to put your stuff. It was great value to include 2 meals in with the price. The food is basic, but still good enough. I would recommend belsize house for working people who want a safe, clean place to stay on a budget.