New Wave Rio

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This was the most miserable hostel stay I have ever had. We found multiple cockroaches (some dead, some alive) around the hostel. The owner was a bitter, mean lady who never smiled at us once. The bathrooms are broken, disgusting, and unclean. Our lockers were bashed in, in attempt for someone to steal something. This place needs to do Rio a favor and go out of business as soon as possible.

Pura Vida Hostel Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The coolest hostel's I've ever stayed at. Clean, friendly, awesome Mayan/Portuguese architecture. Highly recommend staying here.

Bamboo Rio Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Really fun place! Outdoor environment. The only bad thing was there were SO many mosquitos and some rude guests, but that's not quite the hostel's fault.

Thanks for staying at Bamboo Rio hostel! We are happy that you liked staying with us and hope you will come back next time.

Samba Rooms Hostel

Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Best hostel Ive ever stayed at. Clean, friendly, hot showers. Plus you're really immersed in the local culture. The hostel paired with a local artist whos work is displayed. The owner is a manager for a samba band and invites the guest to local samba parties. That being said, the hostel itself was a calm, relaxing place to call home for the duration of my stay.

Samba Rooms Hostel