Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Cool hostel in a great location in Madrid. Wifi worked well and there were computers available too. Both the pubcrawl and free walking tour were lots of fun

Utopia Beach House

Sitges, Spain

Very conveniently located from the beach city centre. My room was full on Sunday and nearly on Monday and Tuesday so I got to socialise and have some quiet time to myself. No key to either the main dorm so it's a good idea to everything locked up. Insect repellant would also be a good idea as there plenty of bugs around.

Purple Nest Hostel Valencia

Valencia, Spain

HostelVITA

Granada, Spain

Great location and friendly and accomodating staff. A relatively small hostel with a chilled out vibe so not really a party place.

Feel Hostels City Center

Malaga, Spain

Great hostel right in the middle of the city. Each bed had a massive locker that I could fit my whole 70L backpack into. Wifi worked well plus there were computers too. Both the walking tour and pubcrawl were heaps of fun.

Embassie Liverpool Backpackers

Liverpool, England

All facilities were clean and functioning. Bread, jams and tea-coffee available all day which was great. The owner was lovely and even gave me advice about which bus to catch to get to the airport.

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

All facilities worked well and there was a well equipped kitchen. Unfortunately the internet was very slow when many guests were logged in. Given the price a free breakfast would have been nice.

Safestay York

York, England

Great accommodation in York. All facilities were in good order and the breakfast was excellent.

Oxford Backpackers Hostel

Oxford, England

Definitely one of the better hostels I stayed at in England. Bathrooms, kitchen and common areas were clean and everything worked well. The hostel definitely encourages guests to be social and this made for a communal feel.

Bath YMCA

Bath, England

Pretty much what you'd expect from a big chain hostel. Facilities were clean and functioned well, plus free use of padlocks for lockers was great. Hardly any opportunities to socialise as there was no real common room. Wifi was only available in the lobby and even then it was atrocious.

Globe Trott Inns

Pretty good option especially given the price. All rooms had key card access plus plenty of lockers to keep belongings. Unfortunately there were always long waits for the showers and bathrooms during the mornings. The common room was also a bit small and run down.

Dreamkapture Hostal

Guayaquil, Ecuador

Great little laid back hostel. Facilities were very clean and they served an excellent breakfast (we even had French toast on our second morning there!). Suggestions for improvement would include clearly assigning beds so people know which ones are free (there was a bit of confusion as to who had which bed in my dorm). Also note that the price quoted by Hostel World doesn't include the 12% tax (the hostel sent us an email after we had booked confirming the price including tax).

• 27th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Hostel Revolution

Quito, Ecuador

Great chilled out hostel in the middle of the city. Excellent kitchen and bathrooms with a great dvd room and common area.

Casa Beula

Taganga, Colombia

Great little place to stay if you're stopping over in Taganga. Yolanda the owner welcomed us with open arms and attended to all our needs including advice about good places to eat and organising a bus to Tayrona. Only thing we wished we could have was air conditioning in our room but the upstairs deck area was nice and cool.

Hostel The Roof

Cartagena, Colombia

Great hostel with a chilled out vibe.The curtains in each dorm bed were a nice touch. The roof top was great for socialising and eating. Bigger lockers would have been great (they could only fit my passport and other valuables).