Reviews: whiterrussian

Location USA, Gender Male, Age 27

LimeTime Hostels – Rio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5.4
21st Jun 2014

This is based on my experience staying in a private room, which included a bathroom. Having spent 300+ BRL/bed, my friend and I were hoping for a decent place to stay during our last night in Rio. The room didn't exceed any expectations - the beds weren't clean, and our bathroom light didn't work. We felt ripped off. On the bright side, we had a great time going to Lapa with some of the hostel's guests. I probably wouldn't stay here again unless the price dropped significantly.

Lisetonga Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
20th Jun 2014

Staying at Lisetonga during the World Cup was an excellent experience. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Ania is wonderful, Rick is funny, and Ursula's caipirinhas are delicious. Rooms/facilities are clean, and the breakfast was the best I had in my two weeks in Brasil. The location at the base of Babylonia is fantastic - there is a delicious acai spot a stone's throw away, bars full of locals, and a court where the kids play pick-up football nightly. I'd highly recommend Lisetonga!

Local Hostel Manaus, Manaus, Brazil
8th Jun 2014

Our best hostel experience in Manaus - and in Brasil for that matter - was staying at Local Hostel. We stayed 5 nights during the World Cup, and, despite this hectic time for the hospitality industry, we always felt welcomed no matter what time we checked in. The showers and rooms were clean, location is a block from Teatro Manaus and Bar do Armando, we had lockers to store our valuables, and everyone - from the staff to the guests - were friendly and eager to share stories and recommendations.