Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 27

Hostel 4U Lisbon

Lisbon, Portugal

Walking distance to the main areas but there's so many hostels in Lisbon I don't know why you would stay here unless the others are booked. The AC isn't AC. It's a swamp cooler that hardly works. The rooms are small and cramped. The elevators suck. I would avoid at all costs.

• 18th Jul 2015

Lisbon Destination Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Great hostel, awesome location, walking distance to all the main attractions/restaurants/bars, and the staff and atmosphere of the hostel are fantastic. Definitely worth it to stay here.

• 17th Jul 2015

Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

This hostel is great. You really couldn't be in a better area. The Sagruda Familia is walking distance, both Gaudi homes are next door, there are great bars all around you, good food, and you'll always feel safe and be able to catch a taxi if you want to head to the beach or other areas away from the hostel. Must stay here.

• 8th Jul 2015

Meson del Barro

Pamplona, Spain

Too far from all the action. It really isn't a good location. Twenty minute walk. The hostel was unbearably hot. No A/C, old ceiling fan, and no air flow from the window. You really can't stay in the room because of the temperature. It was a real bummer when trying to sleep in, or going to sleep in general.

• 5th Jul 2015

Hostel DownTown

Prague, Czech Republic

The hostel sits in the heart of Prague 1. The main spots are all within walking distance. It's a little pricy, but the location is hard to top. The staff is great. They were all very knowledgeable and supportive. The rooms are OK, nothing special. My only complaint was we went went the city was experiencing warmer than average temps. There is minimal airflow in the three rooms we had (All in different areas of the hostel), which made for very warm morning and uncomfortable sleeping.

Hi Philip, thank you for time to send us the feedback. You are right that we have one of the best location in Prague and the price could seems like high one but we really believe that its worth to pay. Hmm, the hot and dry summer in the big city sometimes really makes unfriendly air in the building but we are doing our best to make your stay really comfortable and pleasant. Friendly staffs & free cold water is all the time looking forward to meeting with all of you :-) Regards, jakub, manager.

Riverside Lodge Berlin

Berlin, Germany

This makes for a different kind of stay when doing a trip across Europe, but I felt my friends and I were pleased with the decision. You're off the beaten path to a degree and get to experience more of a local view of Berlin. If you want to head to the touristy areas, you won't have any problem doing that too. Enrico was very helpful, kind, and incredibly informed. The room was clean and safe. We had the private four, which was pretty much your own apartment. Great selection!

Houseboat Hostel Alternatief

Amsterdam, Netherlands

What an awesome place to stay if you have a group of 4 or 5. Joanne is amazing! She's probably one of the nicest ladies I've ever met. She's incredibly accommodating and will make your stay so much better. The boat is a wonderful experience to switch up the routine. It's close to the train station and taxi's can find it without issue. We used Uber to get around and had no issues. The bikes made for some great times too. It was great to have your own spot and do something different than most.

What a unique hostel! It's tucked away a bit, but it's within walking distance from the Eiffel tower and four different lines. The street taking you to the lines has ample food and shopping as well. I never really felt unsafe in any of my walks either. The staff was awesome. They are so nice and helpful. The room was very clean and awesome features inside, like a new locker and USB ports by the bed. The only complaint is the room for six people was very narrow and made it pretty tough to stay in

Astor Hyde Park

You have to be looking for certain things before you stay here. It's not much of a party hostel, nor is the location that good. The tube is a bit of a walk, and the local spots nearby are pretty pricey. The perks of this hostel are the amazing security, pretty nice staff, and relatively cleanliness of the facilities. You definitely pay a little more than I think it's worth even if you're searching for those specific things in your selection.

Sky Backpackers

Dublin, Ireland

If you're looking for a hostel right in the heart of the activity of Dublin for a good price but still relatively clean than this is a good spot. I felt the only thing that upset me was the 30-second walk in the ally from the main road to the hostel. Some interesting people gravitated there at time that I am sure weren't staying at the hostel. Also, the ally smelt like people have been relieving themselves there often! The rooms/bathrooms are clean enough, just don't expect anything amazing.