Location USA, Gender Female, Age 37

A&O Stuttgart City, Stuttgart, Germany
28th Dec 2015

This hostel is very clean. Looks like it's newly renovated. The staff were ok. One was not so friendly but compensated by the other one who is just so great. The location is very close to a tram station which is just about 3 stops from the hbf. The lobby is cozy and has lots of chairs to hang around with people if you please. The number one thing that stands out to me is that the room (big) is clean. The bathroom and shower room are clean as well. It even has a hair dryer and shower gel. :-)

4.9
26th Dec 2015

This is one of the worst hostel I've stayed in. The location is next to an erotic club. The bathrooms are so stinky..smells like urine. I asked the staff to clean it well on my second day. It's still the same. It is an old building. The opposite of my expectation from a Meininger. This is the worst Meininger I've been to.The one in Amsterdam was the best. This is just so crappy. I will not go back to this hostel. The only redeeming factor is the friendly and helpful staff.

Hi! Thank you for your honest feedback. As we are in an ongoing renovation process, some rooms are not refurbished yet. We are sorry that we couldn’t meet your expectations, but we hope to welcome you back after our refurbishment to show you all the awesome new stuff we got! Many greetings, Toni

Hostel Ananas, Prague, Czech Republic
24th Dec 2015

I like this hostel. The location is very good although a little hard to find for a first timer. It is in one of the squares where people visit. A lot of stores around the area. The hostel itself is clean. Although the shower and bathroom are communal, it is well maintained by the staff. The staff are friendly and helpful. They also speak English which is a plus for a tourist like me. Their beds are comfortable too. The room size is ok, not too big but not too small and cramped either.

Smarthostel-Berlin, Berlin, Germany
4.3
13th Dec 2015

Yuck! First time I stayed in a hostel where I couldn't sleep well due to bad smell. The first room that was given to me wreaked of urine smell coming from the bathroom. I asked the staff to transfer me to another room. Luckily she did. The next room was not as bad upon entering, probably because the bathroom door was closed. This hostel is very old. Old furniture. Old plumbing. Throughout the night I could smell the urine smell coming from the bathroom and the bad smell of old furniture.

6.0
17th Oct 2015

Another disappointing Meininger hostel. The room was so small and cramped. No room to maneuver and to park your luggage. They tried to fit 4 beds in a room that is just for one. The cleanliness can be better. I will not go back to this one. It doesn't feel clean as the other better Meininger hostel I've been to like in Amsterdam and the one near the Berlin Airport.

Youthhostel Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
24th Sep 2015

As expected in Switzerland, it is pricy but it makes up for it. The staff is excellent, The lobby is very spacious. There are more than enough chairs and tables.The free breakfast buffet is good. It is clean and the beds are comfy. The room where I stayed in is a little bit smaller than I expected but it's not so bad considering there were only two of us in a 4-bed dorm. It's a little walk from the tram stop but manageable. I would go back to this place.

A&O Leipzig Hauptbahnhof, Leipzig, Germany
18th Sep 2015

Convenient location, just a short walk from the hbf. Friendly & helpful staff but strict when you enter the luggage room which is good. Security is great. Good facilities: has a laundry room, a kitchen where you can cook and a big lobby to hang out. The first room I stayed in was very spacious, in the ground floor. The second time I was there, I was in a small, tight space, a 4-bed dorm that is only good for 2. Overall it's ok. Yes, I can stay here again if I need to.

6.0
10th Jul 2014

Staff needs some training. Gives wrong key/wrong room. I had to go back & forth 2-3 times to the front desk with my luggage in tow. The shower and bathroom could use some cleaning. It's gross if you consider the price you pay for your stay. Does not specify that regular breakfast is included and when i checked in online i was given the option to buy breakfast at €4.50, turns out that's a special english breakfast, that I don't really care for. Room was small for 8 beds. Expensive much!

MEININGER Amsterdam City West, Amsterdam, Netherlands
7th Jul 2014

I just wish they put a space in between the beds esp. if it's not a private room. My roommate's knees kept going over my side of the bed. That was very uncomfortable, even though we're both female. That was the only negative in my experience but definitely unforgettable. Putting two twin beds right next to each other.... Wth!

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your kind review! We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. All of our twin beds are easily removed from each other. So if you felt uncomfortable with your room mate, you could have easily solved this by moving the bed towards the wall! :) Hope to see you at Meininger next time! Kind regards, Meininger Amsterdam

Die Wohngemeinschaft, Cologne, Germany
6th Jul 2014

Everything was okay except the drain in the shower was slow and it's kind gross that water was pooling in. The receptionist was excellent. She helped me find a very good place toe at and even went out of her way to try to order by phone for me and interpreted the menu for me. Thanks a lot for that.

Youthhostel Zofingen, Zofingen, Switzerland
6.9
4th Jul 2014

This hostel is in a quiet location and good for resting after a long tiring day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Shower area can be cleaner but ok, I guess. A little bit far from the train station but still walking distance. I like that breakfast is included and the bedsheets are already on the bed and you don't have to deal with putting it on esp. when you're tired from your travel. Locking the bedroom door every time you go in and out is a bit of a hassle..uses key inside & outside.

Bellpark Hostel, Lucerne, Switzerland
6.6
3rd Jul 2014

Staff was excellent, attentive, helpful and friendly. Room was too small for 4 beds and it was hot. Breakfast was good..Korean fried rice.Yes! A change from the regular boring continental breakfast from other hostels. No lift. Location was okay. Bus stop is only a few steps from the hostel but you do have to take the bus from the main train station. Supermarket is nearby, across the street. A soap dish and shower caddy would be a nice addition. Bed was very creaky and not good quality mattress.

Alplodge, Interlaken, Switzerland
2nd Jul 2014

Nice hostel. Clean and in a nice location. You can walk to the shopping area where they sell lots of watches and swiss knives. Nice memory foam mattress. Good view of the river and mountain from the room. Has a lift, very helpful when you have a heavy luggage. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. I'll come back here if I'm ever in Interlaken again. Clean showers and bathroom, not the communal type which is great!

Valley Hostel, Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland
6.9
30th Jun 2014

Nice location.Walking distance from train station and from the very expensive restaurants. Nice view of the mtns. and falls.The bad: communal showers that has water pooling while you shower. It's gross! And you have to wear their slippers which were worn by other people.Yuck! And were put in the basket with the dirty side on top of the side you will step on. Eeew! Some were a bit wet. From sweat or water? It doesn't matter. It's still gross that you have to wear a common pair of cloth slippers.

Youthhostel Montreux, Montreux, Switzerland
29th Jun 2014

Wow, memory foam mattress, fitted bedsheets and duvet cover! Nice. Very clean hostel! I like that breakfast is included. Location is right next to the walking path along the lake. I just didn't like that I had to wait til 5pm to check in. I arrived at 11 am. Good thing there are lockers by the lobby. Internet was slow. But most importantly, this hostel is very clean!

28th Jun 2014

I like this hostel. Best value for the money! Very quiet neighborhood. I was upgraded to a room free of charge. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It is like a hotel room. The only thing I don't like is the upper bunk bed has no side rails. Kinda scary that I might wake up having fallen on the floor. Locks in the lockers are useless. Too bad coz the lockers are huge which is a plus. They just need to make sure thay they lock alright!

Hostel 5 Terre, Cinque Terre, Italy
4.3
27th Jun 2014

All i can remember is that the shower and bath is gross! You have to press a button outside the shower stall so if you're in the mddle of your shower and water runs out, you would have to go out to press the stupid button. Shower was so dirty. Yuck! Bathroom stalls were stupidly tiny. You would have to sit down first before you can close the door. Who in the hell designed it that way?What were they thinking? Location was horrible. You would have to hike a very steep road then haul your luggage..

The Silk Road, Venice, Italy
7.4
22nd Jun 2014

Very nice big and airy room overlooking the water and the other island. Despite the breeze, electric fans are provided. Nice clean and cozy hostel. Locked cabinets are provided. Bathroom is not the communal type. It is like a regular house turned into a hostel. Only 10-beds in all. Very homey. Breakfast is included although selection could be better. A little hard to find from the Santa Lucia train station if you decide to walk instead of taking the vaporetto. Take the vaporetto, if I were you.

Euro Youth Hostel, Munich, Germany
8.0
20th Jun 2014

Very good location. Very close to Munich Hbf. There was a small piece of pink plastic inside the bed sheet and the blanket. Looking back, it looked like a piece of washed and dried condom piece. Eeewww!! Other than that, everything else was ok although a soap dish and a shower caddy for your shampoo and conditioner and some hooks for clothes inside the shower would be very much appreciated by travelers.

Atlas City Hotel, Munich, Germany
5.1
19th Jun 2014

The room doesn't feel clean upon entering. There was no cover /door/curtain for the shower tub. Water goes all over the bathroom upon showering. Very unsafe. You could slip and fall. Soap container is present but empty. It doesn't matter coz the soap stinks! I would not go back here.