Staff needs some training. Gives wrong key/wrong room. I had to go back & forth 2-3 times to the front desk with my luggage in tow. The shower and bathroom could use some cleaning. It's gross if you consider the price you pay for your stay. Does not specify that regular breakfast is included and when i checked in online i was given the option to buy breakfast at €4.50, turns out that's a special english breakfast, that I don't really care for. Room was small for 8 beds. Expensive much!

MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I just wish they put a space in between the beds esp. if it's not a private room. My roommate's knees kept going over my side of the bed. That was very uncomfortable, even though we're both female. That was the only negative in my experience but definitely unforgettable. Putting two twin beds right next to each other.... Wth!

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your kind review! We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. All of our twin beds are easily removed from each other. So if you felt uncomfortable with your room mate, you could have easily solved this by moving the bed towards the wall! :) Hope to see you at Meininger next time! Kind regards, Meininger Amsterdam

Die Wohngemeinschaft

Cologne, Germany

Everything was okay except the drain in the shower was slow and it's kind gross that water was pooling in. The receptionist was excellent. She helped me find a very good place toe at and even went out of her way to try to order by phone for me and interpreted the menu for me. Thanks a lot for that.

Youthhostel Zofingen

Zofingen, Switzerland

This hostel is in a quiet location and good for resting after a long tiring day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Shower area can be cleaner but ok, I guess. A little bit far from the train station but still walking distance. I like that breakfast is included and the bedsheets are already on the bed and you don't have to deal with putting it on esp. when you're tired from your travel. Locking the bedroom door every time you go in and out is a bit of a hassle..uses key inside & outside.

Bellpark Hostel

Lucerne, Switzerland

Staff was excellent, attentive, helpful and friendly. Room was too small for 4 beds and it was hot. Breakfast was good..Korean fried rice.Yes! A change from the regular boring continental breakfast from other hostels. No lift. Location was okay. Bus stop is only a few steps from the hostel but you do have to take the bus from the main train station. Supermarket is nearby, across the street. A soap dish and shower caddy would be a nice addition. Bed was very creaky and not good quality mattress.

AlpLodge / BackPackers Interlaken

Interlaken, Switzerland

Nice hostel. Clean and in a nice location. You can walk to the shopping area where they sell lots of watches and swiss knives. Nice memory foam mattress. Good view of the river and mountain from the room. Has a lift, very helpful when you have a heavy luggage. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. I'll come back here if I'm ever in Interlaken again. Clean showers and bathroom, not the communal type which is great!

Valley Hostel

Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

Nice location.Walking distance from train station and from the very expensive restaurants. Nice view of the mtns. and falls.The bad: communal showers that has water pooling while you shower. It's gross! And you have to wear their slippers which were worn by other people.Yuck! And were put in the basket with the dirty side on top of the side you will step on. Eeew! Some were a bit wet. From sweat or water? It doesn't matter. It's still gross that you have to wear a common pair of cloth slippers.

Youthhostel Montreux

Montreux, Switzerland

Wow, memory foam mattress, fitted bedsheets and duvet cover! Nice. Very clean hostel! I like that breakfast is included. Location is right next to the walking path along the lake. I just didn't like that I had to wait til 5pm to check in. I arrived at 11 am. Good thing there are lockers by the lobby. Internet was slow. But most importantly, this hostel is very clean!

I like this hostel. Best value for the money! Very quiet neighborhood. I was upgraded to a room free of charge. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It is like a hotel room. The only thing I don't like is the upper bunk bed has no side rails. Kinda scary that I might wake up having fallen on the floor. Locks in the lockers are useless. Too bad coz the lockers are huge which is a plus. They just need to make sure thay they lock alright!

Hostel 5 Terre

Cinque Terre, Italy

All i can remember is that the shower and bath is gross! You have to press a button outside the shower stall so if you're in the mddle of your shower and water runs out, you would have to go out to press the stupid button. Shower was so dirty. Yuck! Bathroom stalls were stupidly tiny. You would have to sit down first before you can close the door. Who in the hell designed it that way?What were they thinking? Location was horrible. You would have to hike a very steep road then haul your luggage..

The Silk Road

Venice, Italy

Very nice big and airy room overlooking the water and the other island. Despite the breeze, electric fans are provided. Nice clean and cozy hostel. Locked cabinets are provided. Bathroom is not the communal type. It is like a regular house turned into a hostel. Only 10-beds in all. Very homey. Breakfast is included although selection could be better. A little hard to find from the Santa Lucia train station if you decide to walk instead of taking the vaporetto. Take the vaporetto, if I were you.

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

Very good location. Very close to Munich Hbf. There was a small piece of pink plastic inside the bed sheet and the blanket. Looking back, it looked like a piece of washed and dried condom piece. Eeewww!! Other than that, everything else was ok although a soap dish and a shower caddy for your shampoo and conditioner and some hooks for clothes inside the shower would be very much appreciated by travelers.

Atlas City Hotel

Munich, Germany

The room doesn't feel clean upon entering. There was no cover /door/curtain for the shower tub. Water goes all over the bathroom upon showering. Very unsafe. You could slip and fall. Soap container is present but empty. It doesn't matter coz the soap stinks! I would not go back here.