Reviews: WhaleTank

Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 24

Pak-Up Hostel, Krabi, Thailand
6.0
3rd Jun 2016

If you was wanting a quiet place to sleep, this is not the place for you. If you want to party, this would be great. My boyfriend and I were exhausted and just needed to sleep and we're unable to due to the party happening outside our door. We can see the appeal, it just wasn't for us. The private rooms only have a bed, no table or anything. The bed was quite hard.

8.0
1st Jun 2016

This was a great place to stay your first night in Bangkok. Or if you have a layover at BKK airport. My boyfriend and I arrived in Bangkok at 12:30 am and they came and picked us up. They even helped us get a taxi in the morning. I would not advise you stay here long if got want to see Bangkok. It is very far from the city. The air conditioning works well and the room has a fridge. The hotel is close to a 7 Eleven. The beds are VERY hard.

Baan Nampetch Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
7.4
1st Jun 2016

The air conditioning worked very well. There was no bugs that bit during the night. It was close to Koh San Road. However, 7 Eleven was a bit far. The staff was very knowledgeable and super nice. They would write where we wanted to go in Thai to make it easier with taxi drivers. We did have to ask a few people how to get there. It was a tad confusing. Definitely use the Thai in the email hostelworld sends you.

Camping Rialto, Venice, Italy
20th Jun 2014

It was easy to get to and from venice. The staff was great and the facilities were clean. It was a great deal for your money.

Camping Michelangelo, Florence, Italy
5.7
15th Jun 2014

Unfortunately there was no locker to lock your things up. The showers are not very clean and there is a lack of outlets to plug in devices to charge. I was eaten alive by mosquitos.

11th Jun 2014

This was an excellent place to stay. It was totally worth the distance. The staff are incredible. They will drive you to and from the train station so that you don't have to walk. The atmosphere is wonderful. They even had a pizza party night to teach you how to make italian pizza. I, unfortunately, was unable to go to the pasta night but i bet it was just as good. I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

Hostel Slotania, Amsterdam, Netherlands
8.0
10th Jun 2014

It was a great place to stay. The location was a bit out of the way however. The rooms are clean and the available bike rentals was great. I do wish there was a way to cool the rooms down. it was incredibly hot in the room.