Home Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
7th Jul 2014

This is by far the best hostel I have been to (and I've been to quite a few hostels). Not only is the hostel itself beautiful and hotel-quality, but the people that work and stay there really make it feel like home. I was traveling alone and this was the perfect place to stay. I might go back to Lisbon just to stay at that hostel. Mama's dinner was also incredible!!

Sevilla Dream Hostel, Seville, Spain
2nd Jul 2014

This hostel is so lovely and clean. It is a short walk from the main city, but is still in a good location. Very close to the bus station. The wi-fi, kitchen, and bathroom facilities are all perfect. Bruno, one of the owners, is the friendliest person and is very helpful with trip-planning and such. I would definitely recommend this place and stay there again!

Sant Jordi Hostel Gracia, Barcelona, Spain
28th Jun 2014

This is the best hostel. It is SO clean, spacious, and comfy. The common areas have a great atmosphere. I was traveling alone and I met some amazing people! The owners are also so helpful and friendly. They organize really cool events (not just free pub crawls and sangria nights, but those are great as well). It is a bit out of 'town,' but I love Gracia! Such a hip little neighbourhood. You can also get sleep here if you are not looking to party all the time!

Brunsko, Dubrovnik, Croatia
22nd Jun 2014

It is a bit of a walk from the main bus station and the town, but it's not that long. They pick you up from the bus station, which is good if you have luggage. The apartments are incredibly clean, and Nina, the owner, makes you feel very comfortable here. The only complaint I have is that you can't cook in any kitchen facilities, but they do have a fridge and plates and utensils. We left Dubrovnik to go to Montenegro, and came back to stay at Brunsko because it was so lovely.

Ecohostel Andromeda, Gent, Belgium
28th May 2014

One of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed at. A very chill atmosphere, clean, quirky, and the staff were lovely. As a solo traveller, it was social but without being a 'party hostel,' which is what I was looking for. The breakfast was great as well. I will definitely stay here again if I get a chance to come back to Ghent!