Gibela Backpackers Lodge Durban

Durban, South Africa

Unfortunately I only got to stay at Gibela 3 nights instead of 6 as I had planned because I managed to injure my knee before I even arrived.The staff was great and very helpful.The owner recommended which hospital I should go to, and did what he could to help me out. Location is good with a few minutes walk to Florida Road with lots of restaurants, and just on the corner is a big supermarket where you can buy anything you might need (also hot lunch/dinner),with a cheap laundromat just behind it.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Norway

Morning Hope all is well and that you recovered from your injury. Hope to see you back in Durban one day so you can explore and experience Durban. Thanx

Bantry Bay Guesthouse

Cape Town, South Africa

Great guest house. I was the only guest at the time (it's quiet in winter I suppose) so was upgraded to a double room. Had my own entrance and a beautiful bathroom with shower in the room as well. The host was great, even though I just stayed for 2 nights. The area is safe and quiet, a short walk to restaurants and supermarkets. Not a place for party people, but for those - like me - who wanted a couple of quiet nights away from the party kids!

• 6th Jun 2014