MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I had a life changing epiphany in this hotel. Would recommend 10/10

Equity Point Lisboa

Lisbon, Portugal

It's easy to see this hostel was at one point, fantastic. A warm, welcoming culture is the remaining feature that made me enjoy my overall stay, however there are certainly improvements that could be made. Dealing with the staff is hit-and-miss; some are great while others clearly don't care. It is common for people to wait outside to be buzzed in while coworkers are chatting. The bathrooms are [generally] clean but always carried a smell. The Internet is very unreliable.

Bed & Bike Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

Best hostel I've stayed at in 6 months of travelling. Do yourself a favour and stay here!!!

PLUS Camping Jolly

Venice, Italy

Good camping hostel. Everything you need. Shuttle is fantastic, very good feature. Wi-fi was very weak in the room, but ok in the restaurant.

Backpackers Lucerne

Lucerne, Switzerland

Other hostels take note, THIS is the gold standard. Absolutely fantastic facilities, the staff really go out of their way to ensure you have a pleasant stay. Things like having proper showers, a quiet common area, fast internet and free postcards are the little things that make all the difference. Above all, I felt as though this hostel was designed for ADULTS and they certainly treat you like one. Overall it was excellent.

Good hostel. Really loved the location. Would recommend.

Greetings from Villa st Exupery. Brilliant that you are recommending us to other travellers. Great to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We see you particularly liked our location. All the main sights in Nice are within easy walking distance from our hostel, and we are only 30 seconds walk to the nearest tram stop for those wanting to use public transport to visit areas around and outside the city.

Really good hostel. Staff are mostly Australians which is good. Common room is a nice place. Internet is good as long as you dont have too many people on at the same time!

Tourist House Liberty

Florence, Italy

Fairly central, friendly staff and clean room. Only stayed one night but was pleased overall.

Casa Laura Sorrento

Sorrento, Italy

Only criticism is the noise from the street. Besides that, we were very happy with the room and the staff were fantastic.

Anny Studios - Perissa Beach

Santorini, Greece

If your happy staying at this part of the island, Anny's will not disappoint. The staff are great and the rooms were clean. The wifi tends not to reach the room so well.

• 16th Aug 2014

Hostel Split

Split, Croatia

My biggest complaint with this hostel is that you do not stay where the hostel is marked on the map (which is why I chose it), instead they walk you out to the suburbs and you stay in an apartment. Positives were there was AC in the room.

Artline Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Nice quiet hostel. Brand new on the 5th floor of a local building (there is a small lift). Was a little hard to find, just a tiny sign on the side of the building. Overwhelmingly a positive experience, the only criticism I can think of is there was no trash bin in our room and the bedsheets were quite low quality (a bit coarse).

Palace Hostel

Vienna, Austria

Really cool to stay in a hostel that looks over the city, we had a great time admiring the view. There are also walking/bike trails all around so if your outdoorsy I can guarantee you'll like it. The drawback however that it is ages away from anything, you need to allow 45 mins to get into Vienna city. The bathrooms became quite dirty, possibly due to the lack of any bathmat; it became practically muddy after a day. Another drawback is that the wi-fi did not reach all the rooms.

Hostel Havana

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

Excellent facilities, modern interior with a classic exterior. Pub in the basement, public transport just across the road. Loved every day in Prague and will miss the Czech Inn. Staff are great, although I would have expected fresh sheets at least once during my stay (we stayed for 5 nights). Would definitely recommend the Czech Inn for a memorable stay in Prague.

Intro Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Not an awful hostel but bring earplugs. Guests being loud in the common room is very common, and there is a karaoke bar directly underneath. The location is fantastic due to it being basically in the old town and you'll find there is tons to do. The staff seem a bit blasé at times, for instance you need to be buzzed into the building when you first arrive and there was no one at reception because she was doing something else; they didn't seem to care that we were waiting.

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel was built as a hotel so every room has one single bathroom, this means if you are sharing a room with bunkbeds you may need to wait to use the bathroom on occasion. Besides that, really good place. Pretty modern.