Hostel Absteige, Leipzig, Germany
4.9
16th Sep 2014

This is more of an apartment than a hostel. No staff members, just one man that is never really around. No kitchen or common room or washing facilities. I definitely wouldn't recommend staying there as a solo traveller! Good location so if you have a group it would be okay.

Thanks for your feedback. You are right, we do not offer a common room or a kitchen. The kitchen had to be removed due to legal fire protection regulations which let us fulfil higher security standards than other hostels. For now we invite our guests to try the excellent food in our new restaurant or play table soccer at the lounge. Since we strive to improve our hostel we highly value your opinion and are about to find out how we can meet the needs of self-sufficient travelers better.

Hostel GoodMo, Budapest, Hungary
20th Aug 2014

Great hostel! Everything was perfect during our stay, cannot fault it.

Yolo Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
9th Aug 2014

Very cute, intimate hostel with all the basics. I only stayed 1 night so it was exactly what I wanted.

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab), Brussels, Belgium
6.6
25th Jul 2014

I only stayed here one night but from what I can judge it's a pretty average hostel. Not the greatest location although the city centre is still walking distance. There were no lockers in the rooms, wifi very rarely worked, the staff weren't very helpful and the overall atmosphere was pretty dull. It was a good place to stay for 1 night because it is located close to the train station with a nice breakfast included but I wouldn't want to stay there any longer.

Center Valencia Youth Hostel, Valencia, Spain
12th Jul 2014

This hostel had a great location and good atmosphere. The breakfast was very average but besides that I would definitely recommend staying here!

Be Sound Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
7th Jul 2014

Great location which is essential when staying in Barcelona! I only stayed for one night but from what I experienced it was great value for money and had good facilities.

Urbany Hostel BCN GO!, Barcelona, Spain
4th Jul 2014

Went out of their way to transfer me to the other Urbany Hostel in Barcelona! Didn't end up staying but great customer service

Hostel Pisa, Pisa, Italy
1st Jul 2014

Great hostel! Located close to the main train station and walking distance to the main city and big attractions. The common room is huge with a great vibe. All you can eat dinner for 5 euro which was good value for money. Only downside was that the shower leaked all over the floor but all in all an awesome hostel that I would definitely recommend!

M&J Hostel, Rome, Italy
6.3
28th Jun 2014

My stay here was okay. Good location right near the main train station. The staff were relatively helpful, although the general atmosphere was pretty average. The stairs weren't too bad, being on the top floor would have made things a lot worse though. The wifi didn't work in the rooms so you have to sit downstairs in the reception/common area to use the internet but there is limited seating. All in all not the best hostel but also not the worst!

Hostel Manuela, Split, Croatia
20th Jun 2014

More of an apartment than a hostel. Its basically just you and four other travellers in a room with an ensuite and small kitchen. Good location and facilities. Theres a lock on the door into the room but no lockers in the room! Great place to stay if you're travelling with a group of friends but not so good if you want to meet other travellers.

Split Hostel booze & snooze, Split, Croatia
18th Jun 2014

I loved my stay here!! Really helpful staff that can organise tours etc. Great location, option of pub crawls with Alex who is a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend for young travellers.

The Wild Fig Hostel, Zadar, Croatia
17th Jun 2014

I only stayed for one night but from what I can judge it is a good hostel. Helpful staff, close to the bus station and supermarket. Not a very good common room for meeting other travellers but besides that I enjoyed my stay!