Kitchen makes cooking easy; hostel is five minutes walk from station and barely that to the great cathedral at the heart of town. Near grocery stores and cafes. Breakfast not included, but staff are friendly and helpful. Lockers are in the halls rather than in rooms but I felt secure with my bag locked shut under my bed. Beds comfy/huge pillows.

Astor Hyde Park

The common area is beautiful and the staff are friendly. It is also very easy to walk around Kensington and Knightsbridge from the hostel. The stairs are difficult especially for someone who might have a disability or a lot of luggage and there is no air conditioning, but that is true for a lot of London. The kitchen area was functional and clean and friendly.

Astor Museum Inn

Lockers under the bed: one can rent or bring a padlock. Generally everyone in my room was friendly and I had no lack of trust for them. Staff also sociable. Location brilliant, kitchen good for cooking in. Showers are shared but one person at a time--one locks the door--and the bathrooms seemed clean enough.