Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 63

Avalon House

Dublin, Ireland

After a horrific experience at Kinlay House I was delighted to find Avalon House again. I'd forgotten they had an elevator (lift). The two hostels are owned by same person, but the staff at Avalon House were EXCELLENT in comparison to my Kinlay House Dublin experience. I had a 6 bed room all to myself for 2 nights and then shared with folks I never saw much of the third night. The lift (elevator) made it so much better!! Book online at Hostelworld as the hostel charges more when you book w/them

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

if you like walking up and down stairs a lot...Isaacs is for you...no lift, which is why I changed location after my few short stays here...only one computer and it was not in working order part of time...breakfast is toast, plain cereal and juice. Laundry less expensive than next hostel I went to, but still it's 3 euro for wash, 3 euro for dry and a lot of up and down the stairs to find time when washer was available. On plus side it is close to the intercity buses.

So sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We hope that the character of the hostel offsets the lack of lifts. We have found that most of our guests use their own laptops or iPads or iPhones and so we need the computers less and less.

Hostel Buffalo Niagara

Buffalo, USA

Grateful to have hostel in downtown Buffalo as I was doing research at central library. Gorgeous architecture in area. Quiet hostel inside. A bit noisy outside with LRT and bus station music all night long. Staff was very nice. Kitchen is totally lovely. Showers were good. Beds were so/so. I'd stay here again due to convenience and staff.