I wanted to like this hostel, but the staff was so ineffective I couldn't. I had to walk to the reception desk (a block down at the next hostel) 3 separate times to deal with a problem with the bed arrangement in my room, and ultimately each time nothing was done to remedy the situation. I have never encounter such incompetent staff at a hostel. Maybe your stay will be fine, but pray you don't have a problem that needs fixing.

• 21st Jul 2014

St Christopher's Village

• 19th Jul 2014

Kick Ass Hostels

Edinburgh, Scotland

• 14th Jul 2014

Ecomama

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I just want to say that after reading the reviews I had high expectations for this place. Upon arrival I going the atmosphere to be pretty much nonexistent, unless your consider a room full of people on their phones/laptops to be fun. This did not change though out my stay. Everything else was fantastic though.

• 10th Jul 2014

Manage your expectations lad. Bring your own atmosphere. If people are sitting on phones, it may be that they are too nervous to start conversing with a stranger. Break the ice. Be brave. You are the master of your own destiny. Say 'hi'' and then commence the adventures. Our activities are an excellent way to socialise. Next time you stay, let us know and we will ensure that you have plenty adventures. Love Ecomama.

Hostel Uppelink Ghent

Gent, Belgium

Fun hostel, great vibe, very easy to meet people! Would stay again!

• 8th Jul 2014