Avenues Hostel

Salt Lake City, USA

The place is more of a half-way house than a traveler's hostel. Most people staying there were full time residents and were rather unfriendly, some were even rude. The place is comfortable with tv's and nice common areas but there's no atmosphere what so ever. Some homeless guy stole a pack of cigs and a lighter I had left on my bed while showering.

Bru Bar & Hostel

Cork, Ireland

I was traveling solo but easily met other travelers to hang out with while in Cork. The bar below has live music every night and I caught a pretty good show while there.

HI, We're really glad you enjoyed your time here with us, and we hope to see you again at some stage if you're ever back in Cork :-) Regards, Maria.

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Very friendly atmosphere with people hanging out in the lobby at all hours of the day. Staff are also helpful and fun. Great location being seconds away from the main bus terminal and tram lines, also a minute walk from O 'Connel street and an easy stumble home from Temple Bar and other nightlife. Decent breakfast for a hostel and sizable kitchen to cook for yourself. Definitely do the pub crawl and free morning walking tour.