We had a wonderful time at the Electric Cats hostel! The owner Stanley, his wife, and Avi (in his first week working here!) made us feel very welcomed in this strange and foreign city of Bangalore. We got a to meet a lot of great travelers and this hostel is a great place to hang out after a long day of touristing! The location and area is great, feels safe and is fairly easy to find.

Dear Anya, Thank you so much for staying with us. You, Mary and Margaret were wonderful people to meet. Hope to see you guys again sometime in another place, another time :) Thank you, Avi.

Great place to stay for a quick night! Needed to be right by the Roma Termini station, and it's like a 2 minute walk away. Francesco was super nice and even when the room we originally booked had problems with the toilet, he set us up in a partnering hostel on the next floor and everything was still perfect. No problems with the place whatsoever.

• 3rd Jan 2016

PV Hostel

St. Julians, Malta

Pretty dingy place, but if you're just looking for a place to rest your head between long nights out in Paceville, this is the place! I'm sure the crowd changes a lot between December and the summer seasons, though in December it was fairly empty. Nice Italian workers mostly (except yeah, that one lady worker just seems like she hates being there. But I guess it's not a personal thing if everyone has been saying that).

• 19th Dec 2015

Flying Pig Beach Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Cool place - but nowhere near Amsterdam. For what you're paying here, it's almost cheaper to stay in a slightly-pricier place IN Amsterdam. The hour-long shuttle to and from Amsterdam is 4e each way -- that's IF you've even reserved a spot. If you haven't reserved a spot, it's about 13e via bus then train into the center. It can be a drag on time and your wallet if that's what you're trying to see. If you're trying to get a local feel of the beach, then it's great! Lovely place and cool bar.

Peace & Love Hostel

Paris, France

• 7th Jul 2014

Hostel One Paralelo

Barcelona, Spain

Had the best time staying in this hostel! I had only 2 nights in Barca but I made friends I'll never forget and had some times that will go down in history. The hostel has a donation-based dinner for everyone to eat together and it feels very homey. Angel, PJ, and Riccardo were the staff members I got to meet and they're all some of THE nicest people I've ever met. Great place for traveling solo and really easy to find, coming from the airport! When I return to Barca I will be coming back!

• 1st Jul 2014