Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 26

DIC Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Really friendly staff, but otherwise not a good place to stay. I was in a rundown fifth floor room with a grim bathroom down the hallway. The whole place is a fairly shabby student halls of residence. While the staff are lovely, they got the airport bus times wrong, and at one stage couldn’t find the passport I had left with them (“You didn’t tell us it would be in the safe”).

• 24th Jul 2014

Hey! Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. Apologies for the minute of confusion with the passport, we had 200 passports there at the time and it took a short while to locate it. We closed down the fifth floor now, it was only open since we had the whole building (newer rooms) totally booked. Still, we think 12€ a night in a clean room with (we admit) older furniture including a self-service all-you-can-eat breakfast is the best deal in town.

Hostel Soca Rocks

Bovec, Slovenia

Hands down this was my favourite hostel of my trip around the Balkans. Wonderful staff, immaculate rooms and bathrooms and a fantastic location. The common room/bar is a lovely chilled out place to meet new people. I didn't want to leave.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Jajce Youth Hostel

Jajce, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Really nice hostel. Lovely staff and a great place to be.

• 17th Jul 2014

Travellers Home Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Such a good hostel! Clean, homely, wonderful staff.

• 13th Jul 2014