Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Rainbow Lodge HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I stayed in the 10-bed mixed dorm during Chinese New Year. The hostel is small, but it's laid out very efficiently, and it didn't feel too crowded. Locks were provided at check-in, and a 100 HKD deposit was required. The hostel was very clean, and the owner, Sam, is super friendly and helpful. He had a lot of great suggestions for things to do, and he even helped organize 2 trips: fireworks over the harbor as well as the 10,000 Buddha Monastery. When I go back to HK, I'll be staying here again.

Lazy Gaga Hostel

Guangzhou, China

I stayed in a 4-bed (male) suite. Clean sheets and a lock were provided at check-in, and a small deposit (I think 50 RMB) was required. My room was clean, and the bathroom was ok by hostel standards - I wish there had been hand soap, though. The common areas of the hostel were excellent - they had a pool table, a foosball table, a Wii console, and plenty of couches to sit and chat. Wi-Fi was provided in the lobby and the connection was stable.

Thank you tim! Sorry that we didn't act fast enough to refill the hand soap. After the Chinese new year, we'll also make some more new facilities for cleaning. There'll be a new sanitizer for a toilet seat. We don't know how it helps our guests, but we truly hope to improve every bit of details to make a better, nicer, and cozier experience to our guests.

Anda Guesthouse

Hohhot, China

The 3-day/2-night tour had some major problems. Our van broke down on the way from the grasslands to the temple, and it took almost 2 hours for another one to arrive. Later, we were supposed to spend a night in the desert, but we ended up staying in a grimy (love?) hotel instead. On day 3, we only had 2 hours in the desert before we had to leave. After a long discussion with the manager upon returning to the hostel, he very reluctantly agreed to refund each of us 200元 (out of 1130元 paid).

A good hostel overall, but perhaps a little disorganized. When the three of us went to check-in, the hostel gave us locks, but only two of them - thankfully I brought my own. Rather than assigning beds and lockers, we were told to just pick ones that currently weren't being used. This didn't cause any problems for us, but if there had been any damages to the room, finding the person responsible would have been more difficult.

• 4th Aug 2014

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

The hostel was in great condition. We also loved the fact that the staff organized activities every night. It was a great way to meet new people.

• 1st Aug 2014

Truthfully speaking, we do not know how to express our gratitude, but hearing that you like hantanginn and had a wonderful time, and we are very happy and proud, thank you. Thank you for giving us such a high rating, we will continue our efforts to make here become a more warm and comfortable home hostel.

Saga Youth Hostel

Beijing, China

The hostel offers several tours. The three of us went to the Mutianyu Great Wall, the Kungfu Show, and the Peking Opera. The Great Wall is a bit difficult to get to on your own, so having transportation there and back was really helpful. The Kung Fu show was really touristy (i.e., almost no Chinese people), but still entertaining nonetheless. The Peking Opera was also good, but look out for rude audience members - some people were talking incessantly throughout the entire performance.

• 27th Jul 2014