Location Malaysia, Gender Female, Age 29

Chaplin, Zagreb, Croatia
22nd Aug 2014

Clean, and staff was friendly. I booked this hostel because it is very close to the train station, as I needed to catch the train early in the morning.

Hostel Plaza Sarajevo, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina
2.0
21st Aug 2014

When I got to the hostel, the staff said "it was too late for them" (too late for what, I don't know - but note that I booked the room a day before I arrived). He phoned someone in Bosnian and said my full name (I thought he wanted to double check my booking) - but then he said "we have another room 200m from here" - I assumed it was a sister hostel but it was actually in someone else' s house 15mins walk. Though the room was nice, but not owned by this hostel, and I think it's a bad practice.

Youth Hostel Spasic Masera, Kotor, Montenegro
4.6
18th Aug 2014

The direction was unclear but actually it is very easy to get to the hostel (provided they give more detailed direction). The guy that checked me in had a very limited English and wasn't friendly. Breakfast was basic, and the tea tasted horrible. I booked a private room but the toilet had a very strong (bad) odour. I don't understand why they put air conditioning in the corridor but none in the room?? Would not recommend this hostel.

Hostel Istanbul, Pristina, Kosovo
6.9
14th Aug 2014

Hostel located near the bazaar, and close to city centre. Good value for money. :)

Berat Backpackers Hostel, Berat, Albania
7.1
11th Aug 2014

Rooms are nice and clean, but toilets are dirty.

Strawberry Hostel Wien, Vienna, Austria
7th Aug 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Strawberry. I booked a private room and it was quite hot in the summer but still manageable, wifi only in common room but it is not a big deal as the wifi connection is very good and stable compared to a boutique hostel I've been in Budapest. Staff was nice and give good advice on where to go etc.

Residence Rooms, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina
6.9
20th May 2013

The lady was very nice when we checked in, but the next day she was very cold - made us uncomfortable. But her husband was nice and helpful. I don't think we would stay there again for our next visit to Sarajevo.

• Malaysia, All Female Group, 25-30
Taso Guesthouse & Hostel, Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina
15th May 2013

Taso was an excellent host. We booked for 2 nights but extended our stay for the total of 4 nights. We took the Herzegovina tour organised by Taso (breakfast included - the best Burek ever) (tour is highly recommended) and a day trip to Dubrovnik. Taso also offer free pick up at the bus/train station when you arrive and personally take you to the bus/train station when you leave. We were made to feel very welcome. Will stay at Guesthouse Taso again.

• Malaysia,
The Siem Reap Central Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
8.0
25th Jan 2013

23rd Jan 2013

The best hostel I've ever stayed with. Staff are very helpful. Would stay with them again.

Ideal Youth Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
8.0
27th Jun 2012

breakfast is really not up to the standard. coffees and juices for breakfast are from vending machine, and they taste weird. wifi is provided in the common area but not free. it's 50cent for 30 mins, 1eur for 1 hour and 1.50eur for 2 hours. I took the walking tour provided by the hostel, paid 5eur for 2 hours tour, it comes with a tapa and a drink - experience with the tour? not bad.

Pension Montorena, Seville, Spain
6.3
22nd Jun 2012

Seville can get very hot during summer, so it would be convenient if hostel provides fan in rooms. The door bell is really annoying, and when the phone rings it is really loud. If you stay in room near the alley, it is really noisy.

Independent Travellers, Cordoba, Spain
18th Jun 2012

The owner is helpful, and I was given lots of information when I first arrived. The location is great! Room is very hot, so fans would definitely be a great addition.

Hostal La Paloma, Malaga, Spain
7.4
12th Jun 2012

Only one staff speaks English, and he was helpful when needed. Location is quite okay, there is TV with English channels like BBC, towels are provided as well. Although I personally think they should mention there's a dog in the hostel, as there are people who have allergy to pets. On my last night, I was told that I had to pay for the night. The staff couldn't speak English, and although it was a misunderstanding, she should've checked their records before asking for money.

Hostal AB**, Granada, Spain
7.7
6th Jun 2012

Staff was friendly and helpfull when needed. Quite a good location, not really far from the centre. They provide towels, my room has a TV (although there are no English channels) and the table fan is very convenient, as it's hot during summer.

7.7
3rd Jun 2012

Great location, good price.