Planet Traveler

Toronto, Canada

Honestly the best hostel I've ever stayed at. It's so clean, the free breakfast in the morning is great - many options to choose from. The roof top bar area is so nice, amazing view of the city at night. Definitely recommend!

• 9th Oct 2014

Kinlay House Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

A lot of people stay here, not all are younger backpackers so the atmosphere isn't the greatest for meeting new people. Free breakfast is a nice extra bonus. Wifi connection not great.

Kinlay House Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

This hostel is in a good location and clean, so I'd recommend it! This hostel isn't just for younger backpackers, there's some older people (50+ yrs old). I stayed in the 24 person dorm and the wifi didn't work in the room. The wifi is decent downstairs if there's not a lot of people on at once. The free breakfast is a nice bonus.

London Backpackers

This hostel was nice because I finally had my own privacy in the dorms - they have curtains on each bed, your own charging station at each bed and your own light. The free breakfast is nice since London can be very expensive, so it's nice to have free food. Having a kitchen in the hostel is a bonus, helps to cut down food costs. Since the hostel is in Zone 3, you'll spend more time on public transportation getting to and from major sites, but the Oyster Card is great for the London Underground.

Pagration Youth Hostel

Athens, Greece

The hostel is decent, but you do have to pay $0.50 for 7 mins of hot water. But this hostel is pretty cheap, so an extra $0.50 isn't a big deal at all, just slightly inconvenient.

Far Out Beach Club

Ios, Greece

The hostel definitely feels waaay more like a resort, such a nice change up to stay in a bungalow by the beach! Not really ideal for solo travelers though - there's no real "common area" and the rooms are typically just 2 people. Only 20-25 min walk into the city village if you don't want to wait for the bus. Overall great place though!

Youth Hostel Anna

Santorini, Greece

Absolutely loved this place and Santorini, I ended up extending my stay to a week. I had read reviews before my stay so I knew what to expect for the location but really liked how close it was to Perissa Beach. Fira and Ia get so crowded with people, it's really nice to be in a mellow location. Would recommend this hostel, especially for the great value :)

The Queen's

Florence, Italy

Hostel is in a central location, close walk to many sights.

Staff was amazing, so welcoming and friendly! There's always a nightly event organized so it's easy to meet new people at the hostel, which is a big plus. It's super close to the Termini train station (also the station for buses and the Metro system). Would definitely, definitely recommend this hostel!

Sant Jordi Mambo Tango

Barcelona, Spain

LOVED THIS HOSTEL! Definitely recommend to anyone coming to Barcelona! The staff was so nice, welcoming, and SO HELPFUL! I had such difficulty leaving Barcelona due to many issues and the staff was so nice to help me regroup & figure out my plans. I was traveling solo so it's nice to have people who genuinely care about your well-being. Also the pub crawl was fun too! They have fun activities every day of the week, which is an extra bonus. I'm forever grateful for Sant Jordi, thank you so much!

Tailor's Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Ok I'll say that I hardly ever cared about the reviews of the staff at hostels...until I went to Tailors Hostel. When I arrived (early in the morning, so tired & not in touch with life from traveling) Peppo was soo great, helpful, and made me feel so welcomed - thank you for that!

Home Backpackers

Valencia, Spain

Loved this hostel! Everything about it was so great. Even staying in a 16 person room was totally fine. They sorta seperate the rooms into two 8 person rooms and theres a lot of space. The living room/common area downstairs was perfect for just relaxing and meeting new people. The kitchen is so big and clean, and the pub crawls were definitely super fun too! Totally recommend staying here while in Valencia!

Lisbon Soul Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

I thought the location was really great! It's at a central location and only a 10-15 min walk away from many main sites. The staff was so friendly and VERY helpful with advice on which places to see and instructing you on how to get there. Towels are included and they have many bathrooms with pretty big showers. The room was neat and clean, and it was inexpensive too! Overall, would definitely recommend staying here!

Downtown Paraiso Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

This was the first hostel I've every stayed at. The staff was very friendly. The location of the hostel is kinda sketch at night, the blocks look like a scene from Grand Theft Auto and there are prostitutes lurking, but it's located just a few blocks away from the metro stop which has many shops/restaurants around. But other than that, the stay was good.