Saint James Backpackers, London, England
12th May 2016

8th May 2016

The rooms, particularly the sink areas, could definitely have used some cleaning. I have stayed at this hostel many times - 3 times in the last year, and it seems that the kitchen always has some issues. Only one of the cookers was working this time and I don't think any of the power points were working either. I have stayed in many hostels in various parts of the world and no how to adapt, so for me during this stay I did and had an overall good experience here and will be back (already booked)

Keystone House Kings Cross, London, England
7.1
6th May 2016

Saint James Backpackers, London, England
1st Jan 2016

I really liked the back patio area. I would imagine that, during warmer weather, that would be an ideal place to hang out when its too nice to be indoors. In all honesty, however, I really didn't spend much time at this hostel (around 12 or 13 hours from check in to check out), so I can't really give much of a review of the hostel itself.

Thank you for writing us a review. We are pleased you could enjoy your time at the hostel and like the facilities even for a couple of hours. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hostel to other travellers’. See you next time you're in the city!! Lots of love from Saint James Backpackers Hostel!

28th Dec 2015

I really someone would have cleaned the toilets while I was there. Someone had dirtied up the seat on one of them and it stayed dirty for the next 3 days (at least, I had left 3 days later). Also, I'm not sure where the blame lies, but I should have only been charged 35.20 pounds instead of 40 pounds, since I had paid a 4.80 pound deposit when I booked. I didn't realise this until after I had left.

Keystone House Kings Cross, London, England
6.3
26th Dec 2015

I have no real complaints. The place was good enough for my needs.

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad you had a nice time at our hostel. It's great to hear the positive feedback! We do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future. Best wishes - Keystone Team

6.9
4th May 2015

It seemed as though just about every appliance in the kitchen was either broken or just not working including the power points. There were very few dishes and no way to dry them off once washed, creating a lot of clutter. Also, the rooms looked like they were only cleaned once or twice a week.

1st May 2015

The building itself is fairly small, but has a garden with tables and chairs that you can hang out in. The kitchen storage space can be cramped at times. Other than that, this is my third time and there will be a fourth in the near future. I love this hostel and will keep coming back as long as it exists. I am getting a little tired of the area because, other than the pubs which aren't all that much fun, there aren't too many places to go to have fun near by.

Thank you for your review and for returning to stay with us again. We are so pleased that you love the Badger and we look forward to welcoming you the next time you are in London! Safe onward travels from all of us here :)

Pickwick Hall, London, England
11th Sep 2014

Pitlochry Backpackers, Pitlochry, Scotland
6.9
8th Sep 2014

The person who seemed to be in charge was very friendly and helpful...up until I was checking out and requested my 10 pound key deposit back, which he grudgingly gave me.

8.0
5th Sep 2014

22nd Nov 2013

This place can get pretty crowded. The tv room can fit 5 people comfortably, after that anyone who wishes to hang out in there will have to do so on the floor. Its a nice hostel, just don't expect to spend much time in there without the feeling of it being too crowded.

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Badger! We are glad that you found the Badger to be a nice hostel. Although new sofas and seats are arriving before Christmas, the Badger has always been a homely place where our communal areas are set up to be places where fellow guests can meet and talk to each other in a relaxed atmosphere (eg the large table in the kitchen rather than separate tables).

• USA,
Hatters on Newton Street, Manchester, England
8.0
6th Jan 2005

It is a hostel that is still trying to build and therefore doesn't look complete, but I would have to say that it was a good experience and the beds are amazingly comfortable. I would definitely go back the next time I'm in Manchester.

• Scotland,
5th Jan 2005

The only real problem is that the hostel is located at the bottom of a hill, which means that when taking the coach one has to walk up hill a long way to the coach station. The easy solution, however, is public transport, at a cost. This is realy no big deal though and I would have to say that this hostel is the best that I have ever been in and I love going back there. I would definitley recommend the place to anyone and everyone!