SR Home, Uluwatu, Indonesia
7.1
18th Jul 2017

I was pretty disappointed with my stay after reading such great reviews. It is SUPER out of the way from everything. Padang Padang beach is a 20 min drive away, Uluwatu temple is nearly 30. It is really inconvenient. There's also only two bathrooms for the whole hostel which isn't nearly enough. The staff is super friendly though, and the free simple breakfast of toast with pb/jam was really nice. It wasn't terrible, but if you can find something closer to everything I would stay somewhere else!

Yote Flashpackers, Melaka, Malaysia
11th Jul 2017

The lady working here is the sweetest person ever, she also has a really cute puppy! Beds were comfy with your own light/outlet, great location, and it was always super clean. I would return to this hostel for sure! The only negatives: guests smoking inside, and as another review stated it is tough to get into the top bunk. Not impossible, but not easy!

Sunshine Bedz KL, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
25th Jun 2017

I had a great stay at Sunshine Bedz! The staff are super friendly and helpful, there's big book of suggestions of what to do, it is very secure, and the beds are comfy! The shawarma place down the street serves amazing falafel. I'll be staying here again when I return to KL!

Moalboal Backpacker Lodge, Moalboal, Philippines
6.3
7th Jun 2017

Everything at this hostel was just okay.. but the staff was awful. I've been backpacking in Asia for three months and the staff here are by far the worst. They are incredibly unfriendly and rude. Don't even try to ask for suggestions or advice. It is reasonably cheap, but if you can find something better, I would.

Dear, thanks for your comment. You booked a night and perhaps you expect "waving and super smiling puppets'behind the reception. I tell you something, 99%of the guest up your age drinking a lot of cheap booze together with other mates on our bamboo deck to get the feeling 'to be very socialized'. By none communication with us, how you can say we're rude. And it was very interesting to read your complain about other hostels. Cheers mate!

Noordzee Hostel, Cebu, Philippines
7.4
4th Jun 2017

Overall I had a nice stay at Noordzee Hostel. Cons: The fan in the fan room is a little desk fan, not enough for a room of six people. It was very hot. The pool really is as tiny as the other reviews state The food and water is very VERY overpriced. It was okay, but definitely not worth nearly what the charge. 30 pesos for a little bottle of water is a ripoff! No social activities or organized tours Pros: It was great to be located on the beach. Wasn't the nicest, but clean

Thanks for writing your review :) We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We will add more fans in the room where you have stayed. Please note that we also have aircon dormitory available.. Our restaurant is more expensive then street food as we keep our food safety standard high with i.e, skilled staff, backup generator to keep the food in the refrigerators and freezers safe for consumption in case of a black-out, etc. Although we do our best to keep our prices a fair as possible. We serve a decent meal for 149 peso, if you got a little more to spend we have more luxury available, just what fits your budget. It depends a little on how many guests we have and how everyone clicks but we are definitely in for a beach party or 2 :) Start a bonfire on the beach or just meet fellow travelers to chill with. We can organize tours but our and most of our guests philosophy is to meet up with each other and do the activities by themselves as this is easy on this side of the island, more cheap and you have more freedom. We have private vans for rent to visit the whale sharks, waterfalls etc. Thanks for staying with us! We keep working to make things better and have a great journey!

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
28th May 2017

The hostel itself was great! It was a little out of the way, but it is very close to the bus and the train. Free breakfast was basic, but nice. It's a great price for Singapore! I'd recommend.

• Canada, All Male Group, 18-24
SAIGON MARVEL HOSTEL, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
3.7
24th May 2017

The Hostel itself is okay, but the staff were so rude! Don't book here if you arriving on an overnight bus. There are no couches to sleep on, and they will charge you 100 000 dong to check in early. This is the only hostel I stayed in in Vietnam that charged extra, when no one would be using the bed regardless! The bathrooms and surrounding hallways smell, and there is no elevator. We weren't told about the free cocktail until our last night. Laundry is very expensive.

Tribee Kinh, Hoi An, Vietnam
14th May 2017

My stay at Tribee Kinh was amazing! The staff were friendly, the free breakfast was great, and the hostel was clean. I loved the daily activities, as a solo traveller they were great for meeting people. It's a social hostel but the party needs to leave the hostel at ten, which is great if you're hoping to get an early sleep. I would 100% recommend!

Mad Monkey Kampot, Kampot, Cambodia
16th Apr 2017

This hostel was great! It's an awesome place to meet people, and they have lots of tours you can join. It is very clean! It's a little bit of a walk to town, but definitely worth it.

The Happy House Zone, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
6.9
10th Apr 2017

Overall I enjoyed my stay at Happy House Zone. It's in a good location, surrounded by restaurants and shops, and only a short walk to the river, palace and museum. The facilities are dated, but relatively clean. The only real negative for me is that they didn't provide soap.