Location: France, Age: 42

Clink78

I stayed only for one night, so didn't get to see all the hostel had to offer. I booked an 8-bed room which I only had to share with one other person, so don't know what it'd be like if it was full. But plenty of room under the bunks to put your luggage, so space shouldn't be an issue. Very generous 8 sockets in the room, although I do question the safety of having one right next to your head. Plenty of leisure areas to choose from, and free breakfast with good choice of cereals and drinks.

Like last time I stayed here, the place was adequate enough for my needs: good location for the O2, a place to sleep, decent showers and free breakfast, which was even a little more reliable this time around. However, no proper leisure room or kitchen. And one more minor complaint: I had booked an 8-bed dorm but was placed in a 12-bed room, as they didn't have enough beds in the other room, probably due to overbooking. But at least I was then only charged the amount for the 12er, too.

Clean rooms, clean sheets, clean showers/toilets. Shower in particular was lovely, and sinks have proper taps. There's a lack of leisure facilities though (only seating area in the lobby; no guest kitchen/cooking facilities), so not exactly a party place. However, if you are looking for a quiet place, this one would definitely be a good choice. Free breakfast had the basics (limited choice of cereals, bread and spreads; coffee/tea). But better show up early, as things do run out quickly.

St Christopher's Greenwich

Nice rooms, beds already made (so not a DIY-show), and staff was very nice and helpful to their abilities. Possibility to chill out in the chill-out room and have a chat with other residents. Only downside, there was no kitchen or any other facilities to prepare food (apart from a kettle to make tea/coffee).

Hi, Thankyou for taking the time to review us, your comments are always helpful and allows to rectify any issues which may have occurred. We are very lucky to have the space for a chill out room and the guests always appreciate having somewhere to meet other travelers/guests. Unfortunately due to health & Safety we are unable to provide a kitchen for guests but the chef's are always happy to warm food up for our guests, should they require! Regards St Christopher's Greenwich

Globe Trott Inns

I chose this hostel as it was at a good location to the Excel Arena, with direct bus connection. As for the building, I found it was lacking a little cosiness, and appeared cold. Apart from that, it was adequate for my needs. The staff was very helpful. Very good were also the good-sized lockers that you could rent for free to store your belongings (ask the reception for the key). In addition, you got three keys for three security doors, including your room door. Overall good value for money.

Surprise Backpackers

I only stayed for a short night at the hostel, and for that it was sufficient enough. Since I had to leave early next morning, I missed out on the free breakfast though, which didn't start before 8.00am. Another thing that bewildered me was the way the reception was organised. There was no computer, and all the bookings were written somewhere on pieces of scrap paper, so the receptionist needed a while to find the right one. I wouldn't be surprised if information and bookings got lost that way.