Location France, Age 43

Compton Guest House, London, England
6.9
26th Jun 2016

Bad: Had to wait outside the door for 1/2 an hour before someone opened. Apparently they didn't hear the quite loud doorbell. Also, staff managed to break my phone charger. Security very low, as room doors can't be locked, only front door. Good: Hostel is in walking distance to the AELTC grounds. Staff made up for their mistakes by providing us with towels - which are not regularly included - and with a lunch pack and water bottles every morning to take out for the day. That was really nice.

7.1
16th Nov 2015

Unlike last year, I got the room I had booked, and it was even one with an en suite bathroom, which was quite convenient and saved me from having to queue at the common showers at busy times. The one we had was an electric one though, which can have its own problems. Other than that, the standard was as good as always - quiet location, close enough for the O2, clean sheets, adequate breakfast.

24th Oct 2015

Good location, lovely shower. One of very few hostels that offered free breakfast, albeit a very basic one. And staff was very accommodating and helped me out with a free towel after I pointed out a security issue to them. Overall a good place to stay for one or night or even a week.

Clink78, London, England
12th Nov 2014

I stayed only for one night, so didn't get to see all the hostel had to offer. I booked an 8-bed room which I only had to share with one other person, so don't know what it'd be like if it was full. But plenty of room under the bunks to put your luggage, so space shouldn't be an issue. Very generous 8 sockets in the room, although I do question the safety of having one right next to your head. Plenty of leisure areas to choose from, and free breakfast with good choice of cereals and drinks.

6.9
9th Nov 2014

Like last time I stayed here, the place was adequate enough for my needs: good location for the O2, a place to sleep, decent showers and free breakfast, which was even a little more reliable this time around. However, no proper leisure room or kitchen. And one more minor complaint: I had booked an 8-bed dorm but was placed in a 12-bed room, as they didn't have enough beds in the other room, probably due to overbooking. But at least I was then only charged the amount for the 12er, too.

4th Nov 2013

Clean rooms, clean sheets, clean showers/toilets. Shower in particular was lovely, and sinks have proper taps. There's a lack of leisure facilities though (only seating area in the lobby; no guest kitchen/cooking facilities), so not exactly a party place. However, if you are looking for a quiet place, this one would definitely be a good choice. Free breakfast had the basics (limited choice of cereals, bread and spreads; coffee/tea). But better show up early, as things do run out quickly.

St Christopher's Greenwich, London, England
4th Nov 2012

Nice rooms, beds already made (so not a DIY-show), and staff was very nice and helpful to their abilities. Possibility to chill out in the chill-out room and have a chat with other residents. Only downside, there was no kitchen or any other facilities to prepare food (apart from a kettle to make tea/coffee).

Hi, Thankyou for taking the time to review us, your comments are always helpful and allows to rectify any issues which may have occurred. We are very lucky to have the space for a chill out room and the guests always appreciate having somewhere to meet other travelers/guests. Unfortunately due to health & Safety we are unable to provide a kitchen for guests but the chef's are always happy to warm food up for our guests, should they require! Regards St Christopher's Greenwich

Globe Trott Inns, London, England
19th Oct 2012

I chose this hostel as it was at a good location to the Excel Arena, with direct bus connection. As for the building, I found it was lacking a little cosiness, and appeared cold. Apart from that, it was adequate for my needs. The staff was very helpful. Very good were also the good-sized lockers that you could rent for free to store your belongings (ask the reception for the key). In addition, you got three keys for three security doors, including your room door. Overall good value for money.

Surprise Backpackers, London, England
7.4
23rd Sep 2012

I only stayed for a short night at the hostel, and for that it was sufficient enough. Since I had to leave early next morning, I missed out on the free breakfast though, which didn't start before 8.00am. Another thing that bewildered me was the way the reception was organised. There was no computer, and all the bookings were written somewhere on pieces of scrap paper, so the receptionist needed a while to find the right one. I wouldn't be surprised if information and bookings got lost that way.