Reviews: crcrosby

Location USA, Gender Male, Age 63

Backpacker Panda Jaipur, Jaipur, India
20th May 2016

This was the second place I stayed while in Jaipur. The room had AC and the plumbing was good. The kitchen was good and they in fact do have free laundry. The staff was also very helpful. I liked it.

Krishna Palace, Jaipur, India
19th May 2016

This place was HUGE. I think I was the only one staying there the day I got there. The room was hot but the wifi worked and the facilities were great. Too bad there wasn't any air conditioning. I was there only one night, but the people were helpful and I got what I needed. I'd consider going back there at a cooler time of the season.

Smyle Inn, New Delhi, India
18th May 2016

The place was close to the Airport and I needed a place to crash for a couple of days to let my body get used to the time change. Not a lot of english spoken, but the staff was helpful enough. It was noisy in the morning but that's Bombay. It was more expensive than other places but the shower worked and it was what I needed until I could find a hostel to access more information. I was okay with it.

Anjali Homestay, Mumbai, India
6th May 2016

Anjali was what I was looking for in terms of information. Like everyone says, the location is perfect. But the folks there had info for visiting Mumbai or other parts of the country. Bunty is always ready to make a mean omelette. I have to learn to take off my shoes when going to houses in India. My room was okay and the AC worked. I was satisfied.

Airport Metro, Mumbai, India
4th May 2016

Airport Metro was what I want when I first get into a far away country: a place to get adjusted at my leisure for the first couple of days. The shower worked, everything was clean, and amenities were available if I wanted. It got me ready to go looking for a hostel and input from fellow travelers. It worked.

Dear Guest, I thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Airport Metro, Mumbai and taking time out to share your valuable feedback with us. Regards

Charlie´s Hostel, Buenos Aires, Argentina
30th Nov 2015

This hostel is brand new. Three weeks old to be exact. You can still smell fresh paint on the doors and fixtures. I had a little trouble finding it, but it was worth it. Ezekiel and his staff went out of their way to accommodate me and show me how to get around Buenos Aires. Definitely worth coming back to if I return.

GreenGo Hostel & Bar, Cordoba, Argentina
28th Nov 2015

These guys were a lot of fun. They were pretty gracious with the food one night as well. Even the cats were fun.

Hostel Mora Mendoza, Mendoza, Argentina
27th Nov 2015

I was only at this hostel over night, but was impressed with it immediately. Especially the pitcher of red wine on the table next to the kitchen. The staff was helpful the next day in help me secure a ticket on line to Cordoba before heading to the bus station. With more time, I would like to see more of Mendoza. It seemed like a smaller more accessible town. Next time I guess....

Thanks for your comment !! So be it,,, next time !!

La Chimba Hostel, Santiago, Chile
22nd Nov 2015

I spent five nights in a single at this hostel. It was reasonably priced and the breakfast was okay MOST of the time. Okay facilities except for the WIFI breaking down for a day or so. I'll go back if I get back that way in a couple of years.

Vaianny Guest House, Easter Island, Chile
19th Nov 2015

Had a good stay. The breakfast is good and the room is fine for the price. The internet's slow and that's pretty prevalent on that island. Kaka was accommodating when she was around. If I return, I plan to go back to this hostel.

Long Street Backpackers, Cape Town, South Africa
19th May 2015

...Like a lot of the reviews say, the place is a little loud at night, so if your an old fart like me, you'll have to get over it. I slept just fine and Emma and Marius were a great help. Bring a lock and use common sense with regard to security. I also liked the dog.

The Hippo Backpackers, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
18th May 2015

I was there for an overnight stay before getting back on the BazBus so it was okay. No bar. The facilities looked okay and I had a good sleep. I was only there long enough to get back up and head out again.

Durban Backpackers - On the Beach, Durban, South Africa
17th May 2015

The place is away from town but spot on the beach. For my purpose, it was excellent. The place was spotless and I had the dorm to myself. It was all good. I'd gladly return.

Hi Charles Thank you for your positive comment. It is not always so quiet !! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Mbizi Backpackers Lodge, Johannesburg, South Africa
7th May 2015

This was an okay place to settle in for a couple of days after a 30 hour trip to get there. Patrick was accommodating and I was at ease in a room to myself for the first days until I didn't need to sleep forever and then went to the dorms. If I go back to SA, this will probably be where I end up after reversing my tour so I can see the Coast next time.

Pineapple Park Kona, Kailua-Kona, USA
27th Nov 2014

Annie is your typical cranky Korean Mama-san in that she rules the premises. But I gotta say, she put on a kick-ass spread on Thanksgiving Day. She brought all us Americans home for the day and showed the internationals how we Americans pig out on that special holiday. Besides, it wasn't the first time a woman yelled at me...

24th Nov 2014

I thought it was nice that you get a free cab ride when you spend more than one night there. Jarred was righteous enough. I left early because it was thanksgiving and Public transport sucks on the Big Island. I needed to be sure I'd make it to the other side. Hilo was nice and the breakfast was okay.

22nd Nov 2014

Nice location...The breakfast was minimal but free. Free is hard to beat. Plus there's a breakfast nook operating next to it or in it. I could go back...

MEININGER Frankfurt/Main Airport, Frankfurt, Germany
6th Jun 2014

This place is surprisingly affordable for being so close to the airport. The food and drinks are a bit more like what's charged for airport fare, but I could use the kitchen and bring my own if I so chose. I normally take the train in from town, this place is fifteen minutes walking distance if you don't want to pay the 3 euros for shuttle. I was amply satisfied.

Frankfurt Hostel, Frankfurt, Germany
5th Jun 2014

I've stayed at a few hostels in Frankfurt and I like this one the best. Great breakfast and now they have nightly pasta. I'll be back.

Five Reasons Hostel, Nuremberg, Germany
4th Jun 2014

The place is very close to the BahnHoff and I was a beat-up pup from an all night ride from Maribor. They checked me in and let me lay lifeless around the common area until I could go into the room. Everything was great and I would gladly go back if I'm ever in Nurnberg again.

The Brit Hostel Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
1st Jun 2014

The directions were okay and even the tram driver helped direct me toward the corner I needed to go to get to the hostel. Everyone was helpful and I even added a night because Zagreb was a pretty enough town. Plus, it had a piano.

Travellers Home Hostel, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina
31st May 2014

Sarajevo was a city I wish I could have seen more of, but I was running out of time to reach my flight in Frankfurt. The guys there were very helpful and the kitchen was a great place for all of us to relate info and where we had been. Maybe I'll make it back. Good value.

Hostel Hikers Den, Zabljak, Montenegro
29th May 2014

Alex and his girlfriend were great helping me figure a route to hike. He told me I would have the trails to myself and that was a fact. They were ever so accommodating to an old geezer such as myself. The area may be a little depressed economically, but it's beautiful and worth going out of the way for.

City Hostel Prizren, Prizren, Kosovo
28th May 2014

I wonder if electricity might be a dear commodity in Prizren. No matter, when they got power, the staff was helpful in directing me more practically through Eastern Europe than my original plan. Food was good and I made it out of town alive. If I went back, I'd gladly go back to City Hostel.

Trip'n'Hostel, Tirana, Albania
26th May 2014

The directions in English worked great. The people in Tirana were also great. The breakfast was good and the staff was very helpful, accommodating and informative. I would gladly go back to Trip n Hostel....

Fira backpackers place, Santorini, Greece
21st May 2014

I spent the first night in a dorm and the next two nights in a reasonably priced private room. All was good and the staff was very helpful setting me up with a scooter for a day.

Home Travelers - Athinaikon, Athens, Greece
15th May 2014

The place is fairly close to the metro. It was also fairly easy to find if I would only learn to look up more. The price was good for what I got. I actually would've stayed another day but they were booked solid. No complaints.

Hostel Mancini, Naples, Italy
24th May 2013

Getting to the place isn't hard. But the surroundings lack something to be desired. No matter, they keep an eye out for you and on you. The staff was helpful and found me a place for the next night. I was okay with it.

Hostel 7 Santi, Florence, Italy
21st May 2013

The place is big and about 15 minutes from the bus/train station. But once you get off, you're close and right next door to a supermarket. Not much in the way of a kitchen. The evening meal looked good and I even went for the breakfast on the third morning of my stay. It was pretty good for 5 euros. I'd go back now that I know the way.

INOUT Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
18th May 2013

There are special people working at this hostel and they do a great job. It was out of the way and I was okay with that. I could still be to the city center in about twenty minutes with the metro. Wifi was a problem but I could do computer stuff if I walked down to the main building. They also have a great breakfast.

17th May 2013

The place was okay. The staff was very helpful. The room I stayed in was next to the kitchen and that place is never quiet. After the party is over, The late night crew comes in to clean up and that can be noisy to. No matter, I was okay with the place.

Living Cat's Hostel, Madrid, Spain
14th May 2013

I didn't make this reservation until the bus I was in arrived in Madrid. I managed to find it easily enough and the staff was good at helping me find stores and mail off some of my stuff. It was a good time.

Meiga Backpackers, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
13th May 2013

Fortunately, the town is small. It was close by and so was the supermarket. The stay was pleasant enough.

Garden House Hostel, Porto, Portugal
12th May 2013

I was only in Porto for a day and that day was a Sunday. Everyone was okay and I wish I would have had more time to spend in the town. The breakfast was okay too.

Lisb'on Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
10th May 2013

Kitcen was spacious and nice. Staff was helpful for the most part. I thought I lost my computer cord and the girl at the desk was a great help in my going to purchase a new one. She was also kind of hot.

The Stumble Inn, Lagos, Portugal
9th May 2013

Lagos is a party town and the folks at this place will show you the best ways to do that. Didn't have to buy a towel for a shower and the kitchen was more than adequate. I was only there a day but was plenty satisfied.

The Garden Backpacker, Seville, Spain
7th May 2013

When I finally found the place, it was late and I told the gal I was ready for a beer. She didn't miss a beat and ran off and came back with a San Miguel open and ready to go. I liked that. I liked the free Sangrias at 8 as well. The breakfast was good too. I'd gladly go back.

Tarifa Melting Pot Hostel, Tarifa, Spain
6th May 2013

The place was a nice break from Morocco. Especially since I could finally get a beer somewhere. The kitchen was nice and the breakfast was okay as well.

Funky Fes, Fez, Morocco
4th May 2013

I stayed at two different hostels in Fes and this place was the best. Folks were accomodating. Toilet paper was free. So was breakfast. Towels weren´t. but the place was definitely okay.

We are realy glad that you like our hostel and you will be always welcome to funky fez.

Hostel Waka Waka, Marrakech, Marrakech, Morocco
2nd May 2013

No lockers but folks were honorable enough. Took me awhile to find the place because I turned left at the wrong pharmacy. Good deal for the money.

Alegrias Hostel Bogota, Bogota, Colombia
15th May 2012

I think Gloria was who welcomed me and she was very nice. She also showed me where the beer was as soon as I got there. The place is okay. The stove needs some work but it got my food cooked. There were also some good museums well within walking distance. I was glad to be there for my last two days in South America.

The Pelican Larry Hostel, Cali, Colombia
14th May 2012

I got the idea for this place from a card I picked up at the hostel I stayed at in Pampyan(?) It's fairly close to the bus staion and the staff was helpful in getting me to the bus the next morning. Oh yeah...all the desk chics are hot.

Hostal Marsella, Quito, Ecuador
12th May 2012

The place is okay. Estuardo(?) was a big help in getting me out of town the next morning. I was running out of time and needed to be in Bogota in a matter of days. Too bad the beggars wouldn't leave me alone when I went for a walk, but that was pretty much everywhere.

Alternative Hostels, Cuenca, Ecuador
11th May 2012

I was in a hurry, but the place was nice and accomodating. I was there long enough for a walk in the evening before having a nice dinner across the street and then checking out a movie before going to bed. The guy in the morning was a great help. He got me out so fast that I forgot to give him my room key back!

Hostel Kokopelli, Lima, Peru
8th May 2012

It's far from the airport but about everything is. The folks were very helpful and the place looked like it would have been alot of fun if I could have stayed longer. Unfortunately, I needed to get to Bogota in less than a week so I had to keep travelling.

Hola , Glad to see that you liked Kokopelli and would have stayed longer if it weren't for your flight. Woudl like to mention though that we are in Miraflores, the touristy commercial district of Lima which is indeed 30-40 minutes form the airport and also 90% if Lima hostes are located, you don't really want to stay near the airport even if it's 1 night. Cheers and hope to see you back, Koko.

Capac, Cusco, Peru
1st May 2012

For Everyone's information, it is no longer called the CAPC. That made it a little tricky to find. But I did and they were helpful enough after that. For what I paid, I was okay with the place.

Supertramp Hostel, Machu Picchu, Peru
30th Apr 2012

Everyone was very helpful. Angie's a sweety. She even gave me a dorm room to myself for the night because all the bottom bunks in the room I was supposed to be in were taken. Too bad she didn't give me an email address that works. Breakfast was good as well. charlie

Ecolodge Copacabana, Copacabana, Bolivia
28th Apr 2012

The place is as far out of town as you can get. They did offer me a ride if I would have known when I was arriving. The rooms are pretty fancy. The shower was iffy with regard to warm water, but I managed. The breakfast was above and beyond excellent. It would be worth going back to...

Villa Bonita Coroico, Coroico, Bolivia
25th Apr 2012

Gianni and his wife Ninth(?) were great. He even gave me a deal because I was by myself checking into a double for two nights. I liked being about a kilometer out of town. Breakfast was nice as well...

Lion Palace, La Paz, Bolivia
6.6
23rd Apr 2012

Don't know what to say... It was noisy on one night. But I looked around and wasn't sure I could do much better for my money if I went somewhere else. I came back to it mainly because I knew it was there. I'd probably look around for something else if I went back.

International Budget Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
20th May 2011

For what I had to pay to stay in A'dam, why do I also have to buy breakfast? Oh well, I guess they are all expensive. Maybe you could make the stairs a little steeper next time..... I didn't mind it though..The staff was nice enough.

Budgett Hostels, Groningen, Netherlands
9.0
18th May 2011

15 years ago, this place was the office of an agent of mine who booked piano bar entertainers. Wow is it ever different! The place is well kept and the internet was free so I liked that. I thought breakfast was over priced. But the staff were helpful when I needed them.

Stayokay Arnhem, Arnhem, Netherlands
17th May 2011

I wanted to get away to a smaller town. I didn't get to a smaller town, but I did get away. The hostel's just outside of the city limits and there weren't alot of people there so it made for a nice break....I liked walking around the neighborhood near a horse farm or whatever. Breakfast was good too....

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel, Bruges, Belgium
16th May 2011

I was okay with the place. I liked that I could rent a bike. I didn't wanna buy breakfast. For what I paid, I feel I got an okay deal.

Jacques Brel Youth Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
15th May 2011

Even though I wasn't crazy about Brussels, the staff were helpful and the breakfast was okay. I was there on a Sunday so things were a little slow anyway.

hello we thank you for your comments, we're happy you enjoyed your stay in our hostel all the best for your future HI adventures regards phil

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
13th May 2011

Despite its location in the sleaz district, morale and integrity were top notch.

Frankfurt Hostel, Frankfurt, Germany
12th May 2011

Damn good breakfast....

30th Apr 2010

I spent most of my time in Dublin and Belfast so this place was a welcome getaway from the city. I was also lucky that there were very few people the night I stayed. It is out of the way in the Ireland countryside. Wicklow is worth looking for. The next day, Helen(proprietor) told me I could make the bus and she was right. I found the bus to and from nowhere where they let you off and as soon as he started the engine, I was ready to get off and go back.

Avalon House, Dublin, Ireland
30th Apr 2010

This place has a good location in the city. Staff was helpful in getting me an online ticket to Belfast by train. My stay on the way back was nice as well....met interesting people. GOOD CRAIC!!

Lagan Backpackers, Belfast, Northern Ireland
28th Apr 2010

Good crack as they say....William's a warm and accommodating host.Watch the whiskey though... With luck, I'll do it again one day. charlie

Avalon House, Dublin, Ireland
26th Apr 2010

The place was easy enough to find and the staff was helpful. The breakfast was..was...well..free.

Hong Kong Budget Hostel, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
6th Dec 2008

I'm still not sure what to think about hostels in Hong Kong..I got a room to myself at a very reasonable rate at both hostels. This one was very clean. The guy was helpful but I kind of miss being around other folks interacting as you normally do in hostels. But I can't complain about the help I got or ammenities offered.

Innjoyworld Hostel, Shanghai, China
8.7
2nd Dec 2008

I liked it...It was a let down from Bejing, but it was good to talk with others and in the end, I got to go to alot of areas. Plus, going outside and taking a left would take you about 500 years back in an instant. The areas around there were fascinating. If I go back to Shanghai, I would go back to a new and improved, I'm sure, SLEEPING DRAGON.

25th Nov 2008

I had my own room and it was okay for the money. The staff was great. They were helpful for any number of things and also had alot of activities available for a reasonable price. If you have a whole day, their Great Wall trip is a good value at 240RMB. And there were lots of other things I didn\'t have time to look into. Apple was the biggest help. Her English is best and she\'s a sweetie, but everyone was good to me. I want to go back.

25th Nov 2008

This place was great. It was the first stop and the high point of my visit to China. The staff was very accomidating. I had a single room to myself and it was nice. If you need anything, just ask Apple. She's a sweetheart.

A1 Hostel & Hotel, Prague, Czech Republic
7.0
20th May 2007

This place was okay....The women working there were very accomidating. For the money, I was satisfied.

17th May 2007

After Budapest, the weather was bad and that was a let down. Bratislava is also not a big city and alot of people aren't so helpful. But the staff at Backpackers were very helpful. Latzo and Shannon were especially helpful party-wise. And I appreciate any hostel with a piano.

Yoga Happy Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
15th May 2007

I didnt stay at the Aquarium....They sent me to the MUSEUM2 instead. Cant complain because except for a few folks, I had the place pretty much to myself.