Reviews: boulderman

St. Julians, Malta

• 18th Jun 2013

Tercero del Sur

Buenos Aires, Argentina

2 kitchens, bbq that was used! Yay!

• 25th May 2013

Brilliant!

• 20th Apr 2011

Celica Art Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Located 300m from the bus/train station (away from town from not in the opposite direction). My first duvet had a lot of dried blood on it so I changed it. The cleaner was very thorough, she binned (and I could'n't find!) my eye mask! Low ceiling beams if you are at least 1.9m tall. Pleasant staff, BBQ is good value, but get there quite early. Breakfast is also good value as there is a lot of variety and its all you can eat. Maps are good and the city is beautiful!

• 19th Apr 2011

Home Youth Hostel

Valencia, Spain

Brilliant place

• 29th Mar 2011
  • Globetrotter

Its unnecessarily expensive Staff are nice, but not outstanding, but they gave me free OJ ;) Its a nice new hostel with free towels, but the guests are not great, in my room, smelly socks dude and a snorer, no space for wet towels,

Brilliant location, greaty staff, especially the breaded Spaniard with the headphones (may here you in the room cleaning). Free pancakes with breakfast and can eat unlimited. I also stayed at Funky and White Nest, this is the best, very respectible guests. Thanks! I have my own fun with people from walking tour not there fault ;)

Very loud at night, for this reason don´t stay, you won´t sleep well. Apart from that its in a great location and the breakfast is just bread.

• 21st Mar 2011

Kiev Central Station

Kiev, Ukraine

Friendly host, if short on English words, nice bathroom except for the deadly black mould at the top. Room was nice but very thin mattresses, needed 2 and still not enough, hard to find, needed taxi.

Brighton Arms

Birmingham, England

Friendly staff, spacious room, good breakfast (with tea and juice!). My partner found some hairs in the coffee/sugar sachet bowl and dust. Its true it was noisy on the Friday evening, music in the pub didn't need to be that loud. But noise in room (1) only noticeable in bathroom. Noise from the road the main issue. Overall better than the Manchester Sport City Travellodge.

• 9th Oct 2010

Jetpak Alternative

Berlin, Germany

Far away from the centre and the you need to change lines on the subway/transport. Nice neighbourhood though (loads of places to eat and clubs are close). Some staff are better than others

true! we are not in the city centre but in the district kreuzberg you describe so well with your words. the area we are in is on of our our top features. pls only book with us if you are sure about the location.sorry for the bad experience with some of the staff. we much appreciate your feedback!

Spirit Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Technically 100%, however having been to future hostels I've realised there wasn't a bar crawl (or games?). Of the 120 hostels I've been to I would rank it in my top 5 though, along side Greg and Toms in Krakow, the 2 best in Lisbon (inc Travellers House), and Hostel Blues Bratislava. Excellent hosts, the couple have travelled alot and created the brand new look place 7 months ago, I only knocked them off a pure 100% as a misunderstand was a little heavy handed. Its a great hostel to chill out.

Flamingo Hostel

Krakow, Poland

This is not top 10 monthly or yearly. Half the staff was rude and/or helpful. The mysterious boss promised free cookies, movie, popcorn, meals, but got nothing, yet were told to wait. Loads of other people had issues as well.Fresh fruit is soft and bruised and not eaten. You are pressured into rating 100%. Staff don't want to let people in - noticed when I was in. Outside is quiet but I found the noise came from the other guests who were generally bad mannered and the staff did nothing.

Dear Simon, Thank you for your opinion. We always want to know what our guest think about us, even when sometimes it is very incomprehensible for us. Especially that I can assure you that whole our staff is as nice and helpful as it is possible and it's first time that someone has different opinion about that. I also have no idea why did you miss our evening events but I can assure you again, that during your stay here, we had movie night with popcorn, huge various of movies, pasta day and party night, in which our staff took all our guest out. We also never pressured anyone into good ratings, it's true that sometimes it's hard to satisfy everyone but believe us that all other guests from last days had a great time in our hostel that it was really hard for them to leave us. However we hope that your likely another stay here will be better. Regards, Flamingo Hostel Manager

Tallinn Backpackers

Tallinn, Estonia

Heated bathroom floor! Paid for 8 bed ensuite ogt 6 bed shared but loved the shared bathroom!

Eurohostel

Helsinki, Finland

Smelly showers, hostel a bit out the way highly recommend the tram.

Den Heksenketel Hostel

Antwerp, Belgium

Lovely owner (Gert) who provided us with incredibly good luxury Belgian Chocolates and locally made bagueete sandwiches (Tuna/Pate/Cheese). Divine!

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Amazing place location and staff. Brilliant! Thanks! Simon :)

Westend City Hostel

Vienna, Austria

Meet people to have fun, had a great time!

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

Above a bank next to Tescos! Great views, kitchen and bar!

Loud due to no carpets to dampen sound.

Sant Jordi Alberg

Barcelona, Spain

Amazing place and good times! Toilets are narrow on the annex. Staff are great.

Sant Jordi Alberg

Barcelona, Spain

Incredibly fun place, I´m known as the English guy with not many clothes on (probably) 3am at the mo. Enjoyed the parties, free drinks and entry to Pacha!!!!! Yo Santiago whhhhasssssupp!!!!!

Cool pplace and people and taste meals made by the staff. I found getting to the hostel tough, but that may just be me.

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

Very homely. Nice people, met just the one member of staff, breakfast seems good. Chilled out laid back place, loadsa lonely planets to browse though, nice kitchen, dvd player, dart board good location. Take 25 minutes from airport not 10!!!! Comfy bed, snoring Canadian beneath me.

RC Miguel Angel

Madrid, Spain

Lovely setting. No common room except small area for the single PC for internet (where I am), tiny kitchin for breakfast. No locks on doors but buzzer entry required at front of building plus lift and lockers in your room, for small baggage. Pleasant staff not all can speak English. Huge cheap supermarket 100m away. No fun unless you talk to people, lovely painting hung everywhere, nice homely feel.

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

I warmed to the place after the first night (shame they don't do on tap beer then realised Italians generally drink from bottles and they have plenty for sale at reception!!! Groovy guests, great nights out (bar crawl was messy - watching others create the mess(!) but the Australian staff member (Dan Adam?)was grumpy and stops you having too much fun, particulatly with megaphones etc and chats up all the girls in the hostel. I was in a 6 bed mixed dorm, top security although there was a door (no window) and it meant that people could wander in that entrance if we didn't pull the handle up on the inside. But you need to use your card key to access your part of the floor you are on and then use it to get into your room. After 11pm you have to buzz reception to be let in (confirming your room number). Fun all around, just make sure you see the sights you will get exhausted!!! Flash bang!

Dirty, grimy, very expensive, have to pay extra for sheets, weird guests.