Location: Canadian, Age: 33

Hostel Marmota

Innsbruck, Austria

The hostel is somewhat far from the centre (30 minutes), if you want to walk (there is a bus stop nearby though). The rooms are basic but clean. Weirdly, the bathroom fans, which are extremely loud, come on automatically and cannot be turned off every day for an hour at 8 am and 8 pm, so don't plan on sleeping past 8 am, or bring earplugs. Overall the hostel is OK but I would search for an alternative if I came back.

• 19th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank your for replying to us. I just want to mention that you can reach city centre with the 10 minutes bus ride. As the bathroom fans are all connected in one system - sometimes they turn on automatically when most of the guests is eg. taking morning/evening shower, so we cannot change it at the moment. We are doing our best to improve as much as we can to satisfy guests, especially because we have just opened a month ago. We hope for you to come back to us and enjoy what we have improved.

Muffin Hostel

Salzburg, Austria

The rooms are fantastic with lots of space (twin private ensuite). The location is close to the centre, about a 15 minute walk. WiFi only works in the common area, which could be improved upon. Decent hostel, I would stay there again.

• 18th Aug 2013

Hostel Hutteldorf

Vienna, Austria

Nice hostel, close to the highway if you have a car. The breakfast was excellent and the staff were friendly. I would stay there again.

• 17th Aug 2013

Vertigo Centre

Marseille, France

The hostel is well located, close to the train station and a short walk to the old port. It wasn´t anything special but the price/value ratio was good. The two person ensuite bathroom didn´t have a toilet but had shower, which was weird. Not a huge deal but annoying for a middle of the night bathroom break.

Great hostel, close to subway stops. The staff were friendly and the facilities were wonderful. My room did not have the privacy curtains and lockers underneath the beds as advertised but it didn't bother me. Overall, a great hostel but you pay for it, it's a little pricey for what amounts to a basic stay.

Hi! Thank so much for taking the time to get back to us. We're always looking to improve the experience we provide for our guests and which is why your feedback is so important to us.We are really please to hear that you've enjoyed your stay at the St-Christopher's Canal despite the little inconvenient of not having a privacy curtains which unfortunately is not available in the ensuite dorm since the beds are not bunk beds. We are hoping to see you in the future. Kind regards,

Hamilton Guesthouse

Hamilton, Canada

• 17th Feb 2013

Hostal Antigua

Antigua, Guatemala

The hostel is in a great location, the rooms are clean and the staff are nice. I would definitely stay there again.

• 21st Oct 2011

Brothers Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

Despite arriving in tumultuous times in Egypt, our stay at the American House was fantastic. The staff are extremely friendly and the rooms are clean, not to mention comfortable beds. I would definitely go back.

• 26th Jan 2011

Jordan Tower Hostel

Amman, Jordan

Great hostel, the staff are very nice and helpful. Jordan Tower is in an excellent location as well. I enjoyed the common area and they have reasonably priced food as well. I would definitely go back.

• 23rd Jan 2011

Cleopetra Hostel

Petra, Jordan

The beds are nice and the room is clean. The staff are extremely pushy with their offers, which are expensive. A basic breakfast is not included and they charge 3 JD, not worth it. They turn off the hot water during the day and didn't tell us. Overall the Cleopetra is not good value for the money, not to mention that the staff are unhelpful. I wouldn't go back again.

• 20th Jan 2011
  • Globetrotter

Dear Peter, First of all thank you for your comment about our place . Second I feel sorry that you didn't appreciate is least us waiting for you till 2 am and arranging you a car from Aqaba port to Petra with the fare price 40 JD so we didn't ask for 100 JD !!? Beside that we do our best to help our guests and we never been pushy but if you consider it that way then you free to think the way you want but that wont stop us to hesitate helping our guests !! Thank you again. Management

Dahab Plaza Hotel

Dahab, Egypt

This is a great place to stay in Dahab, two minutes away from the main strip. Ehad, the manager, is very helpful with everything. Great deal too, free water, tea, coffee, shisha and breakfast, can't beat it.

• 15th Jan 2011

Oasis Hotel Luxor

Luxor, Egypt

The Oasis Hotel is probably the best value for money you will get in all of Egypt, and that is not an exaggeration. It is a three minute walk from the train station, five minutes to the Luxor temple. Hassan, the manager, is super nice and really helpful with everything. They also have a great rooftop restaurant where travelers can hang out, with very reasonably priced food and beer. I would definitely go back there again if I was in Luxor.

• 12th Jan 2011

Keylany Hotel

Aswan, Egypt

The Keylany was a great place to stay in Aswan. The staff were super helpful with everything from booking tours to how much one should pay for basic items. The room was cleaned daily with fresh towels, as a bonus, there is satellite tv as well. A small luxury but valued nonetheless!

Meramees Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

Ciudad Vieja Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

Great hostel, right in the middle of the ciudad vieja. Super fun atmosphere with a common room that promotes traveler interaction. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience!

Pangea Hostel Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great hostel, right by the subway too. The staff were super nice and fun. I would recommend it.

HI-Banff Alpine Centre

Banff, Canada

the only problem with the hostel is its location, other than that i have no complaints...

A Scalinatella

Amalfi, Italy

Not a bad place to stay, decently close and a pretty good beach too

6 small rooms

Naples, Italy

Really great place to stay, fun people. The hostel has a great atmosphere, I would definitely return!

Rygerfjord Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Everything was great except for the fact that they don't tell you it costs an extra 60 crowns for bedsheets...so be aware it costs more than they say it does.