Shishkin Guesthouse, Krakow, Poland
16th Aug 2017

There is no sign on the building indicating where the hostel is. The address listed on hostel world is incorrect which should be 25 and you are supposed to press doorbell #6 but there is no way to know this unless you are able to call the hostel. There are no lockers to store your belongings. The kitchen is spacious with cooking oil & salt provided. There really is not enough toilets for the amount of guests but nonetheless they are very clean. Left luggage is free only until 12pm check out.

DREAM Hostel Lviv, Lviv, Ukraine
13th Aug 2017

I was lucky to have been assigned the quiet room where I slept very well on a bed with a privacy curtain. The kitchen is very spacious and 2 maybe 3 cooks can comfortably cook at the same time. Kitchen and Bathrooms are well maintained and very clean. It is in the old town city center where all the excitement is. Staff speaks English very well. The halls have doors that do a good job containing noise from other guests.

Hey there! Thank You for the review :) We are very glad to get such a high score! We have some interesting changes here, so join us again and You'll surely like Your stay here even more than for a first time :) Hope to see You very-very soon! Best wishes, Reception

Gar'is Hostel, Kiev, Ukraine
10th Aug 2017

I like the quiet neighborhood it is in. Staff seems to be a bit shy to speak English. There is a 4 burner stove but only 1 person can comfortably cook at a time but moving the stove just 1 feet closer to the sink could make it comfortable for 2 people to cook at the same time. Shower has great water pressure.

@MyHostel, Tbilisi, Georgia
7th Aug 2017

This hostel has an old world charm and it is a great value for what you pay. The rooms are spacious with fans. The hostel is next to 3 kiosks to buy fresh vegetables to cook your own dinner. The kitchen is small but at least there is a kitchen to cook and boil water. Public transportation is just a minute walk around the corner. There are a couple of under-utilized spaces in the hostel that a small table can be added to in order to make eating your own cooked meals a lot more comfortable.

HANCHI, Istanbul, Turkey
1st Aug 2017

The management staff seems to know I needed assistance even before I asked. I like the "chess" feel of the patio. There is a nice kitchen to use. The rooms are very spacious and I slept very well on the bed.

Hostel Mostel, Sofia, Bulgaria
28th Jul 2017

I was ın another building next door that I liked very much. It was quiet and spacious. The mattress was very nice and I slept very well. The lobby area ıs well designed for people to interact and meet other young travellers. The staff was very helpful to advise me on things to do. And on top of that one lovely staff member picked some fresh linden tea leaves & thyme tea leaves for me.

Wuhan Bingo Hostel HYM, Wuhan, China
26th Apr 2017

I like the rooftop where you can just chill-out. The staff speaks Mandarin & English. The hostel is easy to get to by public transportation. It is the far back building right behind the Lily Holiday Hotel so once you are at this hotel, just follow the level road (not the inclining road) all the way to the back. They do serve western food but if you want local food, then there is a very inexpensive restaurant serving a popular rainbow noodles soup dish right behind the bus stop going into town.

Dengfeng Cangjingge International Youth Hostel, Dengfeng Shaolin Temple, China
23rd Apr 2017

The lobby area is very spacious. The male receptionist does speak English as well as Mandarin. The place is on a quiet street. The lockers provide ample space to store my back packs. If you plan to go to both ShaoLin Temple as well as hike around SongShan Scenic Park then it is advisable to spend 2 days in DengFeng.

Luoyang Jujia Hostel, Luoyang, China
21st Apr 2017

Luoyang is not famous for it's city center which is why I chose to stay at this place. By bus you can still get to the city center in a half hour for just 1 RMB (+ all the major attractions are accessable by bus from this hostel). It is very clean & the best part is that it has a kitchen for me to cook my own meals. In about a 4 minute walk, there is a very large supermarket near the bus stop to buy interesting ingredients to cook with. The host is very nice & will advise how to save money.

Thank you very much and miss you。From hostel you can walk 20 minutes arrive at the city center , by bus a hour go to Longmen cave。

15th Apr 2017

My favorite thing is that they have a hot water machine for making tea and there is ample room in the lockers. They are very well located near the pedestrian street & subway. What I like least was that the computer in the lobby can suddenly be out of service just by touching the computer & sometimes the keyboard & mouse works and sometimes it doesn't.

AppleInn MongKok, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
6th Apr 2017

For Hong Kong, it's a very good value right in the heart of Nathan Road. The room comes with a fan. They have complimentary drinks and a hot water kettle to make tea and refrigerator to store your food. They also offer free print service which is very time saving if you need to print out a plane ticket. The rooms are in a high rise so you aren't disturbed by the noise from Nathan Road.

Lazy Gaga Hostel, Guangzhou, China
3rd Apr 2017

Service is available in Cantonese, Mandarin, & English. I like the kitchen which is very spacious but I didn't use it b/c there were just too many damn good restaurants nearby. There were power outlets next to every bed and inside every locker. The locker is big & secure. The lobby is a very social place if you like to shoot pool or play foosball. The best part was the air conditioning system in the room.

Safestay Madrid, Madrid, Spain
6th Dec 2016

The kitchen has 2 burners so 2 people can cook at the same time. The dining area is very comfortable and spacious. I like how a wall divides the big dorm b/c it doesn't feel like it is crowded. I slept well on the mattress. For those who plan to stay at least 2 months, this hostel can offer you a p/t volunteer position in exchange for room & food. The location is within walking distance to major attractions and the metro is very close within 1 minute walk.

Black Swan Hostel Sevilla, Seville, Spain
3rd Dec 2016

I like the kitchen very much because the stove is on a cooking island thus giving the sink traffic plenty of clearance. The stove allows 4 people to cook comfortably if each only needed 2 burners. My dorm room was very spacious and depending on which direction you sleep on your bed, you would hardly notice that you have neighbors. Lower bunks give you plenty of head space & I slept well on the mattress. The location is also very close to a grocery market and walkable to all the main attractions.

Rainbow Marrakech, Marrakech, Morocco
28th Nov 2016

The kitchen is kind of tight & can comfortably allow 1 cook at a time, but I am still happy that it was available to me to cook. The tortoises on the roof were a real delight to watch. Staff made every attempt to make sure that you are comfortable by offering advise & tea & constantly keeping the place clean. Housekeeping does tidy your bed every morning like the service you get at a hotel. If you want a steam room or hot tub then there is a hamam within walking distance that you can pay for.

Tangier Melting Pot Hostel, Tangier, Morocco
22nd Nov 2016

The cheerful Staff was really wonderful and the kitchen/dining area was great place to interact with other travellers.

BackHome Fez, Fez, Morocco
17th Nov 2016

The managers were very understanding with me knowing my unexpected financial situation and so they let me pay later. Reda was especially kind to even offer exceptional services even though in the end was my fault for not having successfully transaction so I feel bad for wasting his efforts but nonetheless I am very grateful to him for having a high degree of compassion. This place is very close to the bus station that includes free transport to the main station if you are going long distance.

Castanea Old Town Hostel, Stockholm, Sweden
10th Nov 2016

The very handsome gentleman staff person was very nice, warm, and courteous to me. I could not thank him more than enough for being knowledgeable to help me locate a specialty grocery item and with their very clean kitchen, my one night layover in Stockholm was just perfect for making my experimental dish. Unfortunately, he was not around to share with me a very delicious dinner that I made.

Thank you for your nice review and kind words! We really enjoy helping our guests and are always happy to hear that it is appreciated! Welcome back!

Arava Hostel, Eilat, Israel
15th Dec 2014

The location is convenient if you plan to walk to the Jordanian boarder to leave Isreal. The self service kitchen is well maintained for those who prefer to cook your own meals.

7th Dec 2014

This hostel will provide you with a 10% discount code at the corner market for groceries which saves you money if you prefer to cook your own meals.

• USA,
Hanoi Spirit Hostel, Hanoi, Vietnam
2.0
13th Mar 2008

I would not recommend this place. What is the purpose of paying a deposit when they don't even hold a bed for you. Without asking my name or confirmation number, I was told in front of the reception desk that they were full when I arrived and someone there behind the counter after giving me water saw how upset I was in the lobby complaining about having already paid a deposit, led me to another guest house where he said the price I pay will be the same because it was a sister hotel in which "arrangements" already were made for me and when I got there, he started to demand over 3 times the price amount for the bed I originally booked on-line. The next day the bed next to me where I ended up was offered at US$2 and that potential customer still walked out. Hanoi Spirit is a scam and their receptionist will even throw a tantrum at you when you complain just to get you out of the place because he can't speak English very well...Booking a reservation mean nothing to them and it makes Hostel World look bad in the process for allowing this transaction to take place.

×