Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 32

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

second time here, love this place!

• 1st Sep 2014

B Movie Hostel

Krakow, Poland

B Movie hostel has everything you need and lots of space in the kitchen and common room to meet people! great location too!

• 29th Aug 2014

Hostel021

Novi Sad, Serbia

This hostel is basic but has all standard requirements. The hostel owner was really nice at first, but then the second check-out came around he became VERY mean. It was pouring rain outside and despite knowing that my train wasn't departing for 12 hours, he still kicked me out. I was not allowed to sit in the lounge or even use the toilet. The man said to me that he has a heart of gold for his guests but only during the precise hours that he is being paid. Complete lack of hospitality.

• 26th Aug 2014

Time Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Everything you could ask for in a hostel at a fantastic rate! I would definitely stay here again!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Canape Connection

Sofia, Bulgaria

really great location and staff are very helpful. the large dorm can get a bit warm even with the ac on. the showers have hot water but are not very private.

• 21st Aug 2014

Eastwest Guesthouse

Istanbul, Turkey

The female staff were fantastic and very helpful during my stay. Breakfast was standard Turkish fare and nice to have some protein. There isn't much of a common area so very difficult to meet people. Also, they REALLY REALLY need to put a sign up outside. It's not cool having to walk around a dark side-alley at night searching for this place. When i asked for help at a nearby cafe the response I got was, "Sure, I'll tell you where it is, but only if I can be your boyfriend while you stay there."

• 16th Aug 2014

Istiklal Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

My reservation was lost, but I was immediately accommodated and the staff apologized and made sure I kept the early booking rate that I had reserved at. Actually, the staff seemed a bit scattered about reservations on most days, but always seemed to find space. There was a bit of a drainage problem with the shower, but it was being fixed, and otherwise the rooms were spotlessly cleaned every day. Breakfast was good and the location couldn't be better! Overall a great place to stay!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Everything you need, great breakfast and even a swimming pool! Owner is very helpful!

• 4th Aug 2014

V-GO's Hotel & Guesthouse

Fethiye, Turkey

Hostel is a bit out of town, but there is free transport there If you arrive on the bus. Really great breakfast!

• 27th Jul 2014

Artemis Yoruk Hotel

Pamukkale, Turkey

This place was really great for a few days in Pamukkale. My only problem was that the door to my dorm was almost always left unlocked and two times people who were not sleeping in the room just came in and used the shower. I wouldn't have minded so much if there were lockers, but when my stuff is out on the bed that is not cool.

• 24th Jul 2014

Boomerang Guesthouse

Selcuk, Turkey

The staff here are wonderful and the showers in the dorm are wonderful! I would definitely go back!

• 21st Jul 2014

Youth Hostel Anna

Santorini, Greece

The large dorm downstairs is very spacious and has fabulous storage lockers, but the shower situation is not very good - cold water is much more common than hot and the floors are pretty dirty. BUT for the price, you really can't get anything better! If you don't like cold showers then don't stay here, but a seasoned traveler will definitely value the super low price even if it means sacrificing a bit of warm water.

• 14th Jul 2014

Hostel Meteora

Kalambaka, Greece

• 9th Jul 2014

SR Backpackers

Saranda, Albania

Tomi is pretty much the greatest thing since sliced bread! you will love staying here!

• 2nd Jul 2014

Hostel Albania

Tirana, Albania

great place for a quick overnight in Tirana. it's a bit hard to find but otherwise no complaints.

• 1st Jul 2014

Montenegro Hostel

Kotor, Montenegro

This place is really awesome! the staff are fantastic, the tours and transfers are fantastic and the home cooked meals are incredible quality! my only complaint is that each floor only has one bathroom, but I never had to wait more than fifteen minutes.

• 27th Jun 2014

Red Dwarf Guesthouse

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Naku (the son of the guesthouse owners) really takes the time to make sure that you enjoy your stay at Red Dwarf. He is very vibrant and friendly and made my stay in Dubrovnik much better despite being sick :)

• 25th Jun 2014

Dragan's Den

Korcula, Croatia

Where to start? This hostel is an absolute nightmare. The owner is extremely patronizing and very sexist. I would rate the staff as 'very poor' just based on the owner, but the two Work Away employees truly felt bad for the awful behaviour of the owner and they tried their hardest to make guests feel better. As for the hostel itself, make sure you stay FAR away from the 12 bed dorm. It is in a cellar that is damp, cold and moldy. It only has one way in/out and is an extreme fire hazard.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

This hostel is run by a very sweet woman who made me feel very welcome and at home during my stay in Split. She even waited up for me when I had a problem arriving on the bus at a much later than anticipated time. The only reason I would not give this hostel 100% rating is that it is quite small, so you will not get the same type of atmosphere as you would at a larger hostel. But seriously, that is not a problem at all, and this hostel is definitely worth the stay.

• 19th Jun 2014

Balaton, Hungary

• 11th Jun 2014

Carpe Noctem Vitae

Budapest, Hungary

At Carpe Noctem Vitae you can have as much fun as you can possibly handle, and then if you need a day/night to recover, that's okay too! Just beware that if you decide to stay in most of your roomies won't get home until 3-4am, so pack a pair of decent ear plugs and you're good to go!

• 7th Jun 2014

Bazar Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

I really enjoyed my stay at Bazar Hostel and the staff were very friendly and helpful :)

• 31st May 2014

Hostel Possonium

Bratislava, Slovakia

• 29th May 2014

• 27th May 2014

Travel Hostel

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

I enjoyed the quiet atmosphere but a common room instead of just a pub would be good :)

• 24th May 2014

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

This is a fantastic hostel. despite the drawback of not being in the city center it is definitely worth the extra distance. I'll be back!

• 20th May 2014

Le Montclair Montmartre

Paris, France

definitely the best of the more affordable hostels in Paris!

• 29th Nov 2013

Riad El Pacha

Essaouira, Morocco

staff are hilarious and food is delicious!

• 22nd Nov 2013

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. fantastic atmosphere and the staff are super helpful!

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Globetrotter

This hostel doesn't even exist! When I got there the sign was painted over and a guy told me they closed the day before. Thanks for taking a deposit and booking fee for a hostel that's closed!!!!

• 31st Dec 2011

The Pirate Haus Inn and Hostel

St Augustine, USA

I was upset to find out that the price listed on hostelworld.com did not match up to what I was asked to pay upon arrival. I showed the staff member the numbers I was quoted, and was told that it is a problem with hostelworld and that I would still be expected to pay the desk price. Other than this issue (which cost me $9) everything was decent.

• 17th Jun 2011

The Pirate Haus Inn and Hostel

St Augustine, USA

It was just what I was looking for. Thanks!

• 7th Aug 2010
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for staying with us!