River City Inn, Singapore, Singapore
7.1
18th Jan 2017

It wasn't a very social place to stay at and everyone tended to keep to themselves. Great if you want a bit more of a chilled, do your own thing type of place, but I wouldn't recommend it for a solo traveller. Location was pretty good - only a few mins walk to Chinatown and lots of great places to eat. Their location being on the 4th floor did tend to get a bit annoying if you had to go up and down constantly as there were no stairs. Otherwise, the facilities were great as is the kitchen.

Lub d Bangkok Silom, Bangkok, Thailand
14th Jul 2015

One of the best hostels I stayed at in Thailand. Amazing facilities and cool social hang out space. The bathrooms were really big and nice and even had air conditioning! The whole place had a cool industrial concrete vibe and the rooms were comfortable and even have your own power socket and lights. However, you couldn't leave things to charge when you left because you needed to put your room key in for electricity. I didn't think there was much to do around the location though but amazing place

Thank you very much for choosing us at Lub d Bangkok - Silom. We are really glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay here. We hope we will have another chance to serve you again in the future. Thank you very much, Narongpoj Sooksud (Keith) Lub d Hostel Manager and the Gangs

Spicypai Backpackers, Pai, Thailand
8th Jul 2015

I was recommended this place by so many people and it didn't disappoint! I loved the traditional outdoor hut/dorms which had mosquito nets on each bed. I had no issues with there not being fans as it got cold most nights when I stayed there. There are little lockers to store your valuables in each dorm which was more than enough. Would have liked a few more powerpoint though. It had a really chilled and social vibe and the staff members I came across were so friendly and willing to help.

Here Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
19th Jun 2015

Really cool interiors and a nice modern hostel. The little 'pod' style bed you got with curtains have you privacy and you have lots of space to put your things. However, it made it hard to meet people in my room as most would have there shut or you wouldn't know if they were in the room or not. The rooms were not very sociable and the downstairs area didn't really facilitate it either. I met a cool bunch of people the last few nights but generally the social space was quite empty.