Jazz on Columbus Circle, New York, USA
14th Jun 2017

No computer terminal and printer were available. Breakfast was just rolls, jam, and coffee. Otherwise a good Hostel.

Quetzalroo, Guatemala City, Guatemala
9th Feb 2017

Although the Hostel allowed me to use credit card (VISA), to pay for my stay, they used an i-phone app rather than a card-reader. I had to pay in cash because my bank did not recognize this type of transaction and so rejected it. The shuttle schedule provided by the Hostel was not suitable for my flight, so the manager suggested Uber. He was not available to assist in arranging Uber when I needed to depart the next day, but one of the other guests very kindly made the arrangement for me.

Hospedaje El Viajero, Panajachel, Guatemala
28th Jan 2017

Mr. Mullet's, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
28th Jan 2017

During my stay, I got bitten (nipped) by a dog at a nearby place of business. The staff person at Mr. Mullet's said he would look into the incident, and I emailed the details to him; but I never received a response.

Hotel Don Juan Matalbatz, Coban, Guatemala
23rd Jan 2017

Euro Hostel, Guatemala City, Guatemala
19th Jan 2017

The location of this hostel is advantageous only for access to or from the airport. Nothing else is in the immediate vicinity. The hike to the south end of the downtown is tedious, with very difficult traffic, and confusing on the return to the hostel. I wish I had chosen Hostel Quetzalroo instead of Eurohostel.

Burlington Hostel, Burlington, USA
19th Aug 2016

I like the breakfast of waffles and coffee, but there was no syrup for the waffles on my Saturday morning there because a needed shipment had not yet arrived. This was disappointing, but the staff rectified the situation by bringing in a bottle of it for Sunday morning. I think the lighting in the common room is inadequate for comfortable reading in the evening. One problem was a light bulb that needed to be replaced in one of the lamps, but the staff did not fix it during my stay.

5th Jun 2015

The staff was extremely helpful. I also appreciated the inexpensive taxi service to and from the airport as well as the satisfying breakfasts.

Pariwana Hostel Cusco, Cusco, Peru
4th Jun 2015

The staff was extremely helpful. This hostel is very well run.

Dear guest, thanks for your review! We truly appreciate it! We are glad you have enjoyed your stay in Pariwana Hostel. Thank you for emphasize the good service of our Staff. You are welcome to come back whenever you want. Best regards. Front Desk Manager

Denny's House, Machu Picchu, Peru
4th Jun 2015

The staff was very helpful.

Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel, Monteverde, Costa Rica
3rd Jan 2015

The owner and his wife were always pleasant and helpful. The breakfasts were good. I enjoyed my stay.

La Cigana, Tulum, Mexico
8th Feb 2013

La Posada Chetumal Hostel, Chetumal, Mexico
5th Feb 2013

The location of this hostel requires a taxi to reach the bus station and a long hike to reach the downtown. Chetumal is not a tourist town, but that is part of the value of visiting there. The owner was delightfully friendly and helpful.

Posada los Mapaches, Tulum, Mexico
22nd Jan 2013

The location is north of the town, and restaurants nearby are limited. The facilities do not include a computer terminal for internet access. The walls of the dorms are very open, so late-night conversations in the gathering area can interfere with sleep. Otherwise this is a beautiful place, the breakfasts are excellent, and the staff is extremely helpful. The use of a bicycle includes a cable lock, a head lamp, and an orange safety vest. I would enjoy staying here again.

Hostel Quetzal, Cancun, Mexico
20th Jan 2013

This hostel is so beautiful that I took photos of it. The served dinner an breakfast are good, and they are helpful in this location. Larger lockers would be useful. I stayed here at the beginning of my Yucatan trip and reserved again for the night before my departure. The roof-top patio gatherings were not noisy on the nights of my stay, but I was told that the sound levels can interfere with sleep on "party nights" up there.

INBOX Hostel by FWD, Chiang Mai, Thailand
10th Oct 2012

The owner was very pleasant and helpful, including arranging transportation to the airport as well as places beyond walking distance from the center of town. The "box beds" in the dorm were excellent: they gave the feeling of a private room.

Thank you for a great review. Look forward to our updates.

YHA Bangkok Airport, Bangkok, Thailand
9th Oct 2012

The staff person was extremely helpful and attentive. The location is perfect for easy access to the Airport.

Siem Reap Holiday Garden, Siem Reap, Cambodia
7th Oct 2012

The lounges of this hostel are beautifully furnished. The street where it is located is not well paved and is full of potholes.

Vientiane GuestHouse, Vientiane, Laos
5th Oct 2012

Villa Thony 1 House 1, Luang Prabang, Laos
30th Sep 2012

The staff was extremely kind and helpful. My concern with security was about leaving my room key on the front desk, even when no one was there at the moment. On one of the days, the key was missing when I returned, and it was not found during the remainder of my stay. There was no duplicate key, but the staff was easily able to break into the room to allow me access. The lighting in the room was not very strong.

Timen's House, Los Angeles, USA
4.0
12th Mar 2009

Noho Hostel is a boarding house, not a true hostel. I shared a room with three long-term renters, one of whom was very friendly and helpful to me. The entrance to my room was though a similar room, not from a hallway or the outside. Everybody's possessions were everywhere: I had no place to put anything except on my bed. Satisfactory parking was difficult to find. Bathroom access was inadequate in the morning. Credit cards are not accepted. The neighborhood is completely uninteresting.

Dexter House Hostel, New York, USA
8.0
12th Mar 2005

The Friday night desk attendant "hung around" for a long time on Saturday morning and conversed very loudly with the day-time staff. He should be told to lower the volume of his voice: it carries right through the walls. I thought that an obnoxious "street person" was causing trouble in the lobby!