Reviews: Steevadz

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 26

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Such a good location off Khaosan rd and so much to do around it. Walking distance to some major temples. The a/c wouldn't turn off at night and it was freezing but the dorm setup was really nice. Big lockers in the room and mini tvs in your bed! They're super strict about No wearing shoes inside the hostel so don't do it! They keep it really clean and there's a good common area in the lobby to mingle.

Bodega Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

Great hostel! The owner and staff are awesome! Wifi was a bit spotty but the atmosphere was great. There's a restaurant/bar as part of the hostel and a good common area to meet people.

Green Tiger Vegetarian House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

What an amazing hostel--it's more like a hotel actually because they have mostly privates. Staff was amazing and gave 5-star service. There's a tasty restaurant as well and free coffee/tea all day. Wifi was great everywhere and beds and dorms were the best setup I've ever seen. As it's more of a hotel, there were a lot of families so it's NOT a party hostel but it is near good nightlife. But everything closes at 12am!!!!!!

Bodega Phuket

Phuket, Thailand

Great hostel with restaurant and bar inside. Wish there was beer pong. Wifi didn't work in my room and I could only get it in the bar area. Really close to everything and down the street to both a massive mall and the infamous Bangla Rd. 10 min walk to the beach.

Too bad you didn't ask about beer pong - we have a table and cups and usually players - you just gotta speak up and tell someone you wanna play - we will play next time!

Baan Tai - Backpackers

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Had a private so I'm not sure what the dorms were like but I can tell you the private room was great. The wifi didn't really work anywhere so don't rely on it. The staff was awesome and super helpful, highly recommend this place

Slumber Party

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Great location, great staff. Really good atmosphere for solo travelers. Wish there was more than only one single bathroom on every floor. The beds were super springy and woke everyone up any time you made any type of movement in it.

FIN Hostel Phuket Kata Beach

Phuket, Thailand

Good hostel but I found the atmosphere to be lacking when I was there. There were only a couple people watching movies every night in the common room. Everything else was good though and the wifi was great everywhere too. It would be nice if they had hand soap in the bathrooms. 10-15 min walk to the beach

Hostel Cat

Las Vegas, USA

Just my luck, I got stuck with 4 old men, 50+ in my 6 bed dorm room that just stayed in the room all day/night and made it really stuffy. They don't provide hand soap in the bathroom so bring yours! The room and bathroom weren't very clean. Hostel is a 20 min. Bus ride from The Strip.

Astor Hyde Park

Great staff and solid hostel. Location is about a ten-minute walk from the closest tube but it's right next to the Natural History and Science Museum, which are awesome. Really big hostel but they have the facilities to handle it and the WiFi works well (and in the rooms too!)

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

A bit pricey but it's Amsterdam. It was worth it for the location and atmosphere. The bar and smoking room are always happening and it makes it really easy to meet people when you're traveling solo. It's so lively you really don't even have to go out to have a good time. The staff are great too. The one thing that sucks is the wifi barely works and it didn't work at all in the rooms.

Hi there, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate it that you took the time to fill this out. We can learn a lot from your experience with us. It is so nice to hear you enjoyed your time with us. The WiFi used to work just in the common areas. We were in the process of getting it working throughout the entire building. We are really sorry for the inconvenience. The good news is that it is all fixed and works in every room. We hope to see you back some day. Happy travels

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Might just have the best complimentary breakfast ever. They even have fruit! You won't find a better location and it's always happening in the bar/restaurant in the hostel and the pub crawl stops there too. It's huge and there's no kitchen or common area so it's a little harder to meet people unless you want to buy drinks/food all night. Wifi doesn't really work well in the rooms, unfortunately. Also, there's a club next door that the pub crawls end at so get ready to party if you stay here

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad to read how much you enjoyed the location we are in! We are happy to inform you that we just updated our Wi-Fi system. We have fast Wi-Fi throughout the whole building now! We hope you'll decide to stay with us again some day! - St. Christopher's @ The Winston

Great hostel. 10 min. Walk to Eiffel Tower and right next to the subway, really awesome location. Super nice and modern. There was a ton of noise during the day from construction they're doing to the bar but that should be done soon.

Generator Venice

Venice, Italy

More of a hotel than a hostel but it's the only hostel in Venice. It's very modern but I felt cramped staying in both an 8 bed and 14 bed. There was no soap in the men's hallway bathrooms and was never refilled after I asked. The staff here is not as warm and friendly as most hostels I'm used to. Remember there is no kitchen to use and you can't bring your own food or drink in their common area but it's pretty good for meeting people. The showers also seem to leak water onto the floor.

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Wasn't the biggest fan of the facilities. The beds and pillow are pretty bare and unfortunately, WiFi only works on the ground floor and there are like 6 floors. But they do a good job of organizing awesome group activities and club/bar ventures every night. Their paddle boating excursion was the time of my life.

EastSeven Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

The best hostel I've stayed at. Great staff, location, super clean, modern, and an awesome happy hour with a free spin of the wheel for a shot or mystery prize. What really makes it easy to mingle is the common area is right smack in the middle and you have to pass through it to get to the kitchen and the really nice and large patio.

hi and thank you for staying AND reviewing us. It was good having you and we wish you and your soccer team all the best - the latter with the help of our german trainer klinsmann ;-) see you again soon!

Loved it! The only two issues were the entire ceiling light was out for the duration of my stay and I was bummed the pool broke but they weren't a big deal.

Overall, a good hostel. Clean and a good location.

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

Fucking awesome...the best hostel in the universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking awesome!!!!! The very best hostel I have ever been to and I have been to hundreds!!