Reviews: Rx2Travel

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 35

Beaches of Broome

Broome, Australia

Fantastic location - under 10 minute walk to gorgeous beach, 2 minutes to the bus into Broome, several restaurants in walking distance. The bar onsite is reasonably priced and offers cheap dinner specials. The staff is great about accommodating requests to turn off the AC at night (if everyone in the room is in agreement) - I was there in a rare cold snap. The only downside could be security, as anyone can walk onto the property, but they do provide large individual lockers.

• 13th May 2013

Nothando Backpackers

Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

This is a great little place with fantastic staff! Many thanks to Elvis for helpng to arrange my onward travel!! I was there in the "off" season, so it was a little quiet, but you can tell it'd be great fun in the busier times. The location is great - a very short walk into town, a nice walk down to the beaches, and right near a minibus stand for travel to neighbouring areas. (I highly recommend a restaurant called Table for pizza - delicious!!)

• 24th Apr 2013

Jinta Andaman

Phuket, Thailand

• 10th Nov 2011

The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It surprises me the this hotel had such high ratings - thought it was good, not GREAT. The beds are clean but floors carpeted (in this humidty?! Ugh!) and the breakfast was really basic. The location in terms of being close to thngs was very good, but the neighbourhood itself, seriously unpleasant. Best thing about this place? Bathrooms always seemed to be clean and the roof top is an under utilized oasis at night.

• 7th Nov 2011

Lazy Bird Guest House

Incheon, South Korea

I was only an in-transit guest so I didn't get to experience much, but it was obvious how helpful the owner was and how interested she was in her guests enjoying Korea. Without a doubt if I were travelling back that way yi would stay here!

• 2nd Nov 2011

Terrazas Estoril

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great fun! Staff is great at getting people motivated to go out and have fun (way to go ¨social director¨!) but things can be a bit disorganized at times. There is no security between rooms (each room has lockers for the important stuff though) and you have to get someone to let you into or out of the hostel as it is supposed to be locked at all times, however that is not always the case (98% of the time). The barbeque is an absolute must, great way to meet ppl and delicious!

• 30th Mar 2011

City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

A little bit out of the downtown core, but an easy walk to anywhere interesting and buses are free during the day anyways. Art work on the walls is fantastic (although if you are prone to nightmares some rooms might be a bit much!). Large room size. No air conditioning can be a minus if it's hot 'cause air doesn't circulate well either. Limited number of showers/toilets per floor, but surprisingly that didn't prove to be a problem at all during my 2 night stay. Highly recommend it!

• 28th Jul 2010

Elkes Backpackers Darwin

Darwin, Australia

The people I met there were awesome but I have to say the cleanliness left a lot to be desired (not the worst I've seen though), the screens were ineffective for bugs and critters, and the front desk staff a little less than pleasant to deal with. It's also a ways out of town compared with other hostels in the area, should make it a little quiter, but that's not necessarily the case.

We have full time cleaners , its the dirty backpackers themselves that create the mess on a daily basis. Critters!!!!! Quietness dosent necessarily associate with "out of town" - We have 100 people staying here at any one time ALL ON HOLIDAYS we dont want the hostel to be QUIET .

Kangaroo Bakpak

Sydney, Australia

Staff there is great, location is a little out of the way but really close to Central Station. I think most of the ppl in my room were living there, but they didn't seem to mind my early hours and they didn't keep me up at night so it was all good.

YHA London Central

No soap in the bathrooms/ensuites is unhygenic. Although the bathrooms were very well maintained, this seriously compromises the cleanliness factor.

Clarence Castle

Toronto, Canada

Fantastic location, nice and close to train station and subway. Staff is really friendly, I wish I'd had more of a chance to interact with them. Amazingly clean hostel, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat - unfortunately I don't see much chance of returning to Toronto. If only they could clone themselves worldwide ...

HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel

Ottawa, Canada

The location is just great, being a stone's throw from the Rideau Centre (shopping mall), By ward Market (outdoor market), and Parliament Hill ... depending on which direction you go. The staff is fantastic, they make a point to know your name even if you're only there for less than 24 hours! The only negatives are depending on the side you're on, traffic might make it a bit noisy for you and there are very few showers, mind you I never had a problem finding an empty one.

La Maison du Patriote

Montreal, Canada

If it weren't for the fantastic location and low price there's nothing good I could say about my experience at this place. There was hair on the bedding (short and curlies too!), not a single staff member to be found my 2 days there, it was loud, and my room looked like nothing in the photos. Oh and two of the girls in the dorms had their stuff stolen.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

All in all it's a great place! Definately worth it's money in cleanliness and location alone (MAYBE a 2 minute walk from the train station and 15 from the Marienplatz - "downtown"). Only complaints would be that the bar can be kinda loud if you're on the lower floors and 1 bathroom for 10 is not such a great thing.

Yes there's an odd aroma - kinda like grandma's house, but the place is so clean and breakfast is decent ... well worth your money in the end. Don't think there will be another London stay for me without this hostel!! Only catch is the directions ... you gotta really watch for the place to find it!

Jacobs Inn

Dublin, Ireland

So you have to walk a little bit to get anywhere, the bus from the ferry port stops right by, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and it's CHEAP. Definately worth it's money!

Smart Hyde Park View

Think small, very small ... consider somewhere else if you have a large suitcase.

Hatters at Hilton Chambers

Manchester, England

You might want to consider splurging for the room with an ensuite as the others are all down on the first floor only and be warned of the heat ... this place is WARM (regardless of the weather) so bring cool sleeping clothes. Other than that, the desk staff is really nice, the location is excellent, and seeing as it's new, it's really clean (always a bonus when hostelling)!

Smart Hyde Park View

Thought I wrote the address wrong when I arrived ... for such a cheap hostel, the location is awesome (quiet neighborhood, yet close to several tube stations). VERY clean ... huge bonus when hostelling. Rooms are a little small, but not unbearbly so.

Jacobs Inn

Dublin, Ireland

The staff was very helpful. Rooms are big, but still only one bathroom for about 14 ppl. Location's not so great at night for females on their own, but I had no problems.

Well the neighbourhood is a little different, part gay, part prostitution, but seriously I felt safer there than a lot of places I´ve been. The staff was great, definately say hi to the Dutch ones! Would come back here in a heart beat if my travels took me back to Madrid. Met awesome ppl at the hostel too.

Ramblas 42-New Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

The bathrooms were a bit much, even with flipflops/thong sandals. Can´t beat the location though and the staff is super nice!

Hostel Meyerbeer Beach

Nice, France

Awesome location, just off the beach ... if getting there from the train station, ignore the seedy area you walk thru, the hotel is in a totally fine area. The guy at reception is just awesome, treat him nicely and he´ll help you with anything! So much for the reputation the French may have, that´s total bunk, everyone was super nice, local bakeries and all (highly recommend seeking them out!)

Central Hostel

The stairs, oh the stairs! After a 10 hour flight and a 90 minute tube ride at 7am you do not want to climb 112 stairs! The bunks were pretty wobbly too. But it was cheap and the location decent once I found it.